News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - May 6, 2022
Monday, May 9th: Science PSSAs for 4th grade
Monday, May 9th to Wednesday, May 11th: Book Fair
Friday, May 13th: Revolutionary War Reenactors for 5th grade
- The Spring Book Fair will be held at school from 5/9-5/11. It is a Buy One Get One Book Fair (BOGO) Please click here to see more information!
Warwick PTO News and Updates
We are in the process of finding chair members for our Warwick PTO Committees for the next two-year term. If you would like to be considered for any of the following committees please fill out the form. If you are currently chairing a committee and would like to continue in the position, thank you for completing the form so we know you are still interested.
- PTO meetings will be held on Monday, May 9th (Proposal of the 2022-23 PTO Budget and Tuesday, June 7th (we vote on the 2022-23 budget)
- The week of June 27th we will be having a PTO basement cleanout. If you are interested in helping to clean/organize the basement at Warwick please send an e-mail to Meghan Wojewodka email@example.com
- Friday, May 13th from 6:00 - 8:30PM: Family Fun Picnic
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
We will be continuing PSSAs next week. Students in grade 4 will be completing the Science Assessment on Monday. Here are some helpful reminders for student and parents.
- Ensure laptop is charged overnight!
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Pack laptop and charger
Please know that students will not be able to have access to any electronic devices, including electronic watches during the assessments. All electronics will have to be turned off and stored away from the students during assessments. Please see the parent letter information attached to Warwick Weekly e-mail.
Note from PEN Class
We would like to inform you that PEN is raising money for wildfire relief. The profits we make will go to the Red Cross Foundation. Wildfires are a big problem, and that is why we are raising money to help all the people affected by wildfires each year. We will be displaying a tree with facts about wildfires by the School Store. This tree will begin with no leaves. Your child can purchase a leaf for one dollar and get a raffle ticket for an additional dollar. 100% of the profit made will go to the Red Cross Wildfire Relief. The prize of the raffle is a Lego bonsai tree (a picture of the Lego is attached below). We are trying to raise as much money as possible for this important cause. The leaves and raffle tickets will be sold at the school store starting on May 12th. The school store is open on Thursday mornings. Thank you for helping with wildfire relief.
Have a great weekend,
Warwick PEN Class
Social Media Matters
Roblox is a game that allows kids to learn skills such as math, budgeting, bill paying and more. It encourages creativity and can be educational and fun. Kids wander around the worlds they create and make new friends.
What to watch out for:
- Chat feature & “in-game” chatting. “Strangers” can try to friend your child. Real “friends” can also bully children through the chat feature. The chat feature can be turned off to prevent this.
- Robucks – there are many pay features that require actual money. Has led to kids blowing savings on a game.
- When other “players” join games, they can create names for their characters which are inappropriate. Character outfits can be a bit mature as well. Language filters can be applied, but lack of moderation can lead to exposure of adult content.
It is recommended that, while this is touted a children’s game, parents continue to monitor, monitor, monitor.
For more information on Roblox and how to keep kids safe, please view the following sites:
Universal Free Lunch Waiver Expiration
School breakfast and lunch has been available for Central Bucks School District students at no cost since March 2020. Reimbursement for the cost of providing these meals has come through a United States Department of Agriculture Waiver issued to the Pennsylvania Department of Education. This waiver suspended free and reduced lunch eligibility requirements, allowing for universal participation in the National School Lunch Program. The waiver is expected to expire at the end of June.
In anticipation of this, we wish to remind families of the following:
- Eligible families are strongly encouraged to apply for free and reduced lunches. Families may apply through an online application that is safe, secure, and private. Visit cbsd.org/freeandreduced for details. All children in households eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits are eligible for free meals. If you have questions about your family’s eligibility, please send email to Renee Ziccardi at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your school nurse.
- When the waiver expires, students may again purchase lunch, a la carte items, or snacks through their MySchoolBucks account. Now is a good time to log on, bring your child’s account up to date if money is owed, and update expired payment information. Review frequently asked questions about school lunch accounts on our website. Your child will not be able to utilize their account to purchase a la carte items or snacks if it is past due. If you have questions about your child’s account, or if you believe the balance information is inaccurate, please contact Renee Ziccardi at email@example.com.
Visit www.cbsd.org/register for more details, including necessary documents to gather in order to register your kindergarten students. PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING RIGHT AWAY IN ORDER TO AID THE DISTRICT IN ITS PLANNING FOR 2022-2023.
Warwick Kindergarten Kick-off
We will be having a Kindergarten Kick-off for our incoming kindergarten students and parents/guardians on Monday, June 13th. During the kick-off, your child(ren) will have the opportunity to visit the kindergarten classrooms, take a tour of Warwick, and then get to complete an activity with our two kindergarten teachers. During the classroom activity, parents/guardians will have the opportunity to meet with Mrs. Adelman, Mrs. Sleicher (our school counselor), our reading specialists, nurse, speech pathologist, and other Warwick staff members to learn a little bit about kindergarten.
Please follow this link to sign up for a 30-minute visit on June 13th. We hope you can make it!