August 9th, 2019
Please be sure to join us on Monday, August 12th for our curriculum night. Parents will have the opportunity to sit in their child's class to learn about the curriculum students will be learning this year as well as general information about the class and grade level.
Curriculum Night Schedule
Kindergarten & 1st Grade: 5:00 - 5:25 PM
2nd & 3rd Grade: 5:30 - 5:55 PM
4th & 5th Grade: 6:00 - 6:25 PM
6th Grade: 6:30 - 6:55 PM
4th - 6th Grade Honors: 5:30 - 5:55 PM
Resource Programs: 6:30 - 6:55 PM
Site Volunteer & Chaperone Orientations for NEW Participants
If you would like to be able to volunteer during school hours at Wildfire OR be eligible to chaperone a field trip AND you did not apply/become approved in the last 2 school years, then we invite you to attend ONE of these important dates.
At this orientation, parents will learn about different volunteer/chaperone opportunities at Wildfire, how to apply to become a volunteer, and rules and policies volunteers must follow.
NOTE - if you attended and completed this process in the 18-19 school year, it is NOT necessary for you to attend or apply this school year. If you would like to ask any questions or get a refresher on PVUSD volunteer/chaperone policies, you are welcome to join us!
Volunteer Orientations Schedule - all to be held in the Media Center:
- Monday 8/12/19 5:30 - 5:55 pm & 6:00 - 6:25 pm
- Tuesday 8/27/19 (1st early release day) from 12:00 - 12:25 pm
If you have any questions, please contact Gina King in the front office.
Full STEAM Ahead!
Indian Bend School Supply Drive!
This morning, PTO President Melinda Turner delivered 7 boxes full of supplies to Indian Bend Elementary School. Among those supplies that filled the boxes were: 448 pencils, 487 glue sticks, 2152 crayons, 3570 sheets of notebook paper, 4300 index cards and much more!
Your kindness and generosity will help students start the year off with the materials and supplies they need to be successful!
We have had a great week 1 of school!
Staff Member of the Month!
School Hours Reminder
Kindergarten - 6th Grade: 8:45 AM - 3:15 PM
PreK: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Students are allowed on school grounds at 8:15 AM. There is no supervision prior to that time. Student's in 1st through 6th-grade report to the main playground area and Kindergarten students to the Kindergarten playground.
Student are not permitted in the building prior to 8:45 AM, unless permission has been given by the school administration or classroom teacher.
Students arriving after 8:45 AM must be checked in by a parent in the front school office.
Dismissal time for 2nd - 6th grade is 3:15 PM and Kindergarten and 1st grade is 3:10 PM. We ask that parents make every effort to pick their student up on time.
Please report any student absence to our attendance line: (602) 449-4301. A message can be left on the attendance line 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Please make every effort to have your student(s) to school on time and limit unnecessary absences.
Pick-Up Drop Off Information
Hints for Successful Student Pick-up/Drop-Off
- Patience, patience, patience!
- No parking along the blue curb - student pick-up/drop-off only. Please pull forward to allow other vehicles to enter the line. Reference our pick-up/drop-off map by clicking here and/or the picture below for additional guidance
- Please stay in your vehicle while in the Pick-up/Drop-off line.
- No double parking
- Use the parking lot if you need to leave your vehicle and enter the building.
- Use extreme caution and follow all posted signs and staff member directions when picking-up and/or dropping off your student(s). Safety first!
- Please, no smoking or vaping in the parking lot.
- Remember, all animals (excluding marked service animals) are not allowed on campus and need to remain safely inside vehicles.
Plan ahead, be patient and be safe. Remember, 700+ students will be dropped off/picked up at the same time.
Any kindergarten student living more ½ mile and any student in grades 1st - 6th living more than one mile from WFES* is eligible for transportation. To find your bus stop or to determine your bus riding eligibility please visit the PV Schools Transportation webpage.
Students may bring their own lunch or purchase a cafeteria lunch.
Student Breakfast = $1.00
Student Lunch = $2.50
Peanut-free tables are available for students with food allergies and sensitivities.
Lunch accounts may be accessed via EZ School Pay
Free and reduced-price meal applications may be accessed from the PV Schools Nutrition & Wellness Dept.
2019-2020 Lunch Schedule
Before and After School Programs
A wide variety of before and after school programs are available through the PVSchools Community Education Department. To learn more and to apply, please visit the Community Education webpage.
News from the PTO
The Wildfire Elementary Parent Teacher Organization, would like to invite all Parents and Teachers to join us in our partnership to enhance and contribute to our children’s educational experience here at Wildfire. It’s free, fast and easy to join.
Simply go to www.wildfirepto.org and click the red Join PTO button!
Follow the screen prompts to register a new account or login with your account from last year and confirm your current information.
While you are there you can order your students class tshirts, indicate any volunteer interests, donate to the Light our Fire Campaign, contribute to any class/teacher funds, look at the new Spiritwear, and more.
Our Light Our Fire Campaign has begun! Generosity Spreads like Wildfire!
Now thru August 30th! Any amount makes a difference! https://wildfirepto.org/light-our-fire/
The class with the highest % of participants will win a party and the teacher receives a bonus gift!
With your generous donation the PTO can CONTINUE to provide:
- Teacher and Staff Classroom Grants
- Online Software & App Subscriptions (RAZ Kids, BrainPop, Splash Math, etc. )
- Technology & Classroom Improvements
- Teacher & Staff Professional Development
- Enrichment & Assemblies
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation
- Art Masterpiece
- Nurse Supplies
- Library Supplies
- AR Program
- Principal Fund
- Field Day
- Community Development
- and so much more.
Light Our Fire!
To donate and for more information please visit the following link: https://wildfirepto.org/light-our-fire/
Join fellow WFES students and families at Sky Zone on the August 27th half-day from 1:00 - 3:00
Join the PTO
To find out more about the PTO and how the organization supports the school, please visit: https://wildfirepto.org/
Light Our Fire!
Join the PTO
On the Calendar
Important Upcoming Dates
- Curriculum Night - August 12th - start time varies by grade level
- Volunteer Orientation - August 12th at 5:30 & 6:00 PM
- PTO Meeting - August 19th at 6:30 PM in the Media Center
- School Council Meeting - August 20th at 5:30 PM in the Media Center
- Early Release Day - August 27th - school dismisses at 12:30
- Volunteer Orientation - August 27th at 12:00 PM
- Jump to Support Our Cause - 1:00 - 3:00 PM at Sky Zone
- Labor Day - September 2nd - NO SCHOOL
- 6th Grade Catalina Field Trip - September 5th - 8th
- Fall Picture Day - September 18th
- K-12 Recess - September 30th - NO SCHOOL