News from the Holy Rosary/Juan Diego Community
Message from the Principal: April 26th
We are busy, busy, busy at the school. Today was part one of the concrete pouring for the elevator shaft. We had to block off the front right at morning carpool and will have to do so again on Friday afternoon (at 2:30 pm) for the second round. I want to thank all of you for your patience as we work through the logistics of this exciting project, while school is in session.
Aside from the construction, our big focus is the Gala. This important event is a week from Saturday and needs to be our biggest and most successful fundraiser of the year, netting $175,000. We are blessed to, once again, have matching funds totaling $85,000. We need to work very hard to get the other $85,000 to be able to use this match. If there is ANY way that you can help, we need you! Please consider a donation (in any amount) to help us reach this goal. Every dollar that is donated will be doubled!! All money donated will be used to fund our annual budget for the remainder of this school year.
We are doing a lot of fantastic things at this school, from providing a high-quality, innovative, bilingual Catholic education for all families (regardless of financial abilities) to upgrading our facilities and putting in a new play field and trees on the campus. These are exciting times for Holy Rosary/Juan Diego! Thank you, in advance, for your support!
Have a wonderful week!
- All School Mass at 9 am hosted by 5th grade
- Jamba Juice after school
- Pay2Dress ($2 per student to support our NPH orphans)
Next Monday (May 1st):
- Graduation Photos for Kindergarten and 8th Grade. 8th graders wear "Sunday Best" and Kindergarten will be dressed for the "Feria de Abril" (April Fair)).
Teacher/Staff Appreciation - May 2nd
- We would like to find volunteers to help during lunch, recess, nap time and during the Assembly. Please sign up through http://signup.com/go/5VYqpE or you can sign up in the office! Contact Amanda at email@example.com to volunteer.
Gala - May 6th
- If you are still in need of volunteer hours, why not sign up to help out at the Gala? Volunteer opportunities are available on Friday, May 5th and Saturday, May 6th. Please see the following link to sign-up: http://signup.com/go/jBeLcu
Parent Service Club
- If you are interested in singing up to help on the Parent Service Club for next year, please contact Amanda Schweickert at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Remember, any unfulfilled volunteer hours will be billed out to families in May!
Development Desk: Gala
Holy Rosary Gala 2017
Our fifth annual Gala is almost here! We would love your help if you are able to assist with volunteering to set-up/clean-up for the event. The more people we have, the faster the process will go. Please sign-up with the following link: http://signup.com/go/jBeLcu Volunteer opportunities are available on Friday, May 5th and Saturday, May 6th.
In this week’s communication folder we have included an invite to the Gala. If you are not able to attend but are able to donate, please see the donation flyer or you can access the link on our web page (hrrsjda.org), click on the “Donate Now” button and select “Tuition Assistance” from the drop-down menu. ALL donations to tuition assistance will be DOUBLED by some special donors. No donation is too small. This event is our biggest fundraiser of the year with a $175,000 goal. If you are interested in sponsoring, purchasing tickets, or want to be of assistance with this event, please contact Sarah at email@example.com for more information.