Monte the Tiger's Weekly Update
News from Buena Vista Montessori ~ January 7, 2022
Hello Tiger Families!
Hello Tiger Families,
Happy new year. It was so wonderful to welcome back our students this week!
Did you know that according to the Chinese Astrological Calendar 2022 is the Year of the Tiger. Here at BV, the home of the Tigers, we are excited to make this year the best yet.
We are looking forward to musical performances, growing in our math and reading abilities, creating class projects, expressing ourselves though art, learning about history and fueling our curiosity through science. We know the best part about being a Tiger is our how we care for our community and each other.
I wish you all a very happy new year!
Monday, January 17th
- No School ~ Day of Service in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Tuesday, January 18th
- PTA Meeting at 2:45 in the Library ~ Special speaker, Brandan Comfort
Wednesday, January 19th
- PTA Frankly Coffee Fundraiser ~ 6:30am to 3:00pm (see below)
Friday, January 21st
- Upper El Presents "The Pirates of Penzance" (by ticket only) 6:00pm
Tuesday, January 25th
- January School Accountability Meeting ~ 2:45pm in Room 6 and via WebEx
Montessori Moment - Music at BV
News from Your PTA
Frankly Coffee Fundraiser
Wednesday, Jan. 19th, 6:30am-3pm
727 West Colorado Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO
Come help support a local business and the school’s PTA at the same time! Frankly Coffee will be donating 10% of their sales on Wednesday January 19th. This coffee shop is right around the corner from the school, so be sure to stop in at drop off or pick up for a coffee, a pastry or both! Make sure to mention you are there supporting the school! They do have vegan and gluten-free pastry options as well.
Easy Ways to Help Out the BV PTA
Sign up to support the BV PTA through AmazonSmile.
- You can select Buena Vista Montessori PTA as your charity recipient when you shop online at amazonsmile.com.
- AmazonSmile is also now available in the app on your Apple or Android devices. You can set this up in the app under "Settings">"Programs & Features".
- If you shop for girts on Amazon, this is an easy way for you to support our students and school.
- Be sure to ask your friends and family to select BV on AmazonSmile, as well.
You can earn money for BV PTA just by using your Loyalty Card when shopping at King Soopers.
To enroll your Loyalty Card with BV:
- Log on to www.kingsoopers.com/communityrewards and click "Enroll Now" to sign in to your account. If you have never used your Loyalty Card online before you will have to create an account. You will need an e-mail and your Loyalty Card number or your alternate ID (often your phone#).
- Find Buena Vista Montessori School (programs are listed alphabetically) or use our Code: UQ795 as the program you want to support!
- You are DONE! THAT'S IT! Now whenever you shop you are earning BV PTA money!
- This program is a big "Free Money" maker that helps to fund many great BV and PTA events and equipment.
News from the Health Room
My Child is Not Feeling Well. Now What?
The list below refers only to new symptom or a change in usual symptoms. A student should not be kept home for usual symptoms they experience due to a chronic condition unless they are worse than usual. These guidelines are in additional to your regular school guidance (for example, a student with vomiting symptoms should also not attend school based on usual school guidance).
If you student is experiencing any potentially life-threatening symptoms, please call 911.
If any of the following symptoms are present, keep the child at home / stay at home. Inform Ms. Karen B. in the office via phone call (719-328-4100) or email email@example.com.
- Feeling feverish, having chills, or temperature of 100.4F or higher.
- New or unexplained persistent cough.
- Shortness of breath.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Loss of taste or smell.
- Muscle aches.
- Sore throat.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Runny nose or congestion.
COVID Protocol Updates
- For students of any age, and staff riding D11 buses for any purpose (e.g., to and from school, activities, field trips, etc.), in alignment with the Federal mandate, face coverings on all D11 buses are required.
- For students ages 11 and under, in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings are not required, but still recommended (as of Monday, December 13th) while learning indoors.
- For students/staff ages 12 and over, in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings are not required, but still recommended (as of Monday, December 13th) for anyone who is 12+ years regardless of vaccination status.
- We will continue with our diligent handwashing and sanitizing efforts throughout the school day. Including, but not limited to; after recess, before and after lunch, before and after specials, etc.
- Our children and staff will continue to clean and sanitize the classrooms daily. Our custodial staff will clean and sanitize the building and playgrounds daily, as well.
- The current guidelines indicate a three-foot space between each person. We will do our best to honor that guideline throughout the school day. However, due to the structure of our learning community, the social distancing is not always possible.
For additional resources and information from the State and local health agencies, please visit the following link:
Updated Return to Learn