Sycamore High School
New Staff Members
Amber Blystone - nurse
Regina Cornell - counselor
Steve Dodd - boys' basketball coach, RTI, PE
Rachel Long - ELL
Christie Ray - special education math inclusion
Evelyn Rivera Montijo - Spanish
Rachael Schneider - English
Mat Simon - science
Paige Smith - social studies
Teresa Smith - math
Tim Terry - social studies
Daniel Trent - science
Jeane Trovato - library
Dress Code Change
Dress Code Reminder
Students will be asked to correct the dress code violation or call home to get a replacement item of clothing to correct the issue. Disciplinary points may be issued for dress code violations.
Softball Field Dedication
Change in the Tardy Policy
One of our biggest, yet most simple, expectations for our students is to show up to class on time. We expect students to arrive to school on time each morning (7:45 in 1st period class), and arrive promptly to each class throughout the day, as learning starts at the bell. Students will have five minutes to transition to each class. There is a one-minute warning bell before the tardy
bell rings as a reminder for students to be inside the classroom at the scheduled time. So that students may gain the most from their classes, we have implemented the following tardy procedures:
- 3 tardies = Lunch Detention
- 3 more tardies (6) = Tough Tuesday*
- Every subsequent 3 tardies (9, 12, 15,…) = Tough Tuesday (each occurrence of 3 tardies)
- 3 tardies in a single day = ISS due to multiple disruptions to the school day
Tough Tuesday is used as a consequence for tardies, as outlined above. Tough Tuesday occurs on Tuesdays from 3:00-4:30 in the library. Students assigned to Tough Tuesday must arrive in the library no later than 3:00 and will be dismissed at 4:30 promptly. Students are expected to arrange their own transportation upon dismissal from Tough Tuesday at 4:30. During this time, students are expected to bring academic work and will have access to tutoring services from teachers in the library.
Failure to Attend
If a student is assigned Lunch Detention due to having 3 tardies, it is the student’s responsibility to report to Lunch Detention at the start of his/her lunch session. If the student fails to report to Lunch Detention, the student will be assigned ISS the next day. Discipline points will be applied.
If a student is assigned Tough Tuesday due to too many tardies, it is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements to attend. If, for valid reasoning, a student is unable to attend the assigned Tough Tuesday, the student must notify the office of the reason in advance (before the assigned Tough Tuesday) and may be assigned an alternate consequence. Not all situations will be excused and eligible for alternate consequence. If the student fails to attend Tough Tuesday without advance notice, the student will be assigned ISS the next day. Discipline points will be applied.
- We want to invite everyone to SHS's Open House this Thursday, August 15 from 5:00-7:00 pm.
- Will Lockert will be in the theater from 5:00-6:00 to discuss the 1:1 computer devices rental agreement and expectations.
- Resha Garrison will conduct 30 minute Skyward training for parents in room 100. These sessions will begin at 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, and 6:30.
- There will be an interest meeting in the library at 6:00 for anyone who would like to learn about serving on our Parent Advisory Board, the Nest.
- We will have refreshments, a photo booth, and t-shirts for sale as well.
Outside Food and Drink
Cell Phone Policy
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
RevTrak Online Payments
- class fees
- sports fees
- club fees
- to purchase a yearbook
- to pay library fines
- parking fees
For more information, go to our county's website and click on RevTrak.