Eating Healthy In the New Year!
with MyFitnessPal App
- Syncs with over 50 devices such as Fitbit, Jawbone UP, Garmin, Runkeeper, etc.
- Largest food database of any iPhone calorie counter - over 5,000,000 foods
- Barcode Scanner to easily track food
- Track all major nutrients: calories, fat, protein, carbs, sugar, fiber, cholesterol, and more
- Connect with friends to motivate and support each other
- Also available on smart phones (with step tracking for some phones) and on the web
- Great platform to teach students about healthy food choices and caloric value
- After logging meals, students can evaluate if they were eating the correct amount of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats based on a chart
- Teachers can demonstrate how quickly calories add up when choosing unhealthy foods and the effects of malnutrition
- Social aspect provides feedback and encouragement
EISD Technology Coordinator - Juan Gonzalez Jr. lost 50 lbs with the help of MyFitnessPal!
"I started using MyFitnessPal during the district's Biggest Loser challenge. It helped me to realize that my calorie intake was way above average. It helped me change my heating habits and along with exercise, I was able to lose weight at a healthy pace."
Picture below shows Juan participating in his first district Cinco de Mayo 5k in 2014 and then again in 2015 after losing about 35 lbs. at that time.