Wow! I can not believe it is already June and there are only a few more days of the school year left! We had a very busy month of May and we are ending the school year with lots of FUN and excitement for our students!
A huge Thank You to our Boosters for assisting with all of our activities this school year! We appreciate everything that you do for our staff and students!! We are so lucky to have your support. Another Thank you to our Field Day Volunteers! We love having our parents in the building and so do our students!
We have a few fun activities left for the school year! Our SOAR INTO SUMMER COOKOUT is Tuesday, June 6th during lunch time. If students would like to buy lunch, please make sure they have money in their account. Our kitchen will not be accepting cash for lunch that day, thank you. Students will get to eat outside and enjoy the weather and a few fun activities.
On Tuesday, June 6th at 6:30 PM we will be celebrating all of our 8th graders at the Performing Arts Center. Please make sure to have your child arrive by 6:15 to find their assigned seat. We look forward to this celebration of our students before they leave for high school!
As we approach the end of the school year here is a reminder from our clinic: All medication in the nurse clinic must be picked up by an adult by Friday, June 9 otherwise it will be discarded. Please call the AMS nurse with any questions.
Be sure to check out the entire newsletter for important information on activities and dates for our students and families! I hope that everyone has a safe and enjoyable summer break! Please look for our Welcome Back Letter in early August!
Please feel free to reach me by phone 440-934-3800 (ext. 5005) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
"Every Student, Every Classroom, Every Day!"
Please check out our Club/Activities page for detailed information. This can also be found on our school website!
June 2nd - 6th/7th Field Day
June 6th - SOAR INTO SUMMER COOKOUT!
June 6th - 8th Grade Ceremony 6:30-7:30 @ PAC
June 7th - Last Day of School!
A Few Reminders
2) Car Riders - Our line for drop off and pick up is in the back of the building. Please remember to pull forward so that the line of traffic can continue to move! Thank you for your patience! Cars are to pull into the South Entrance off of Long Road. Please remember to slow down and be careful as we have students that need to cross the road.
3) School Fees are posted in PowerSchool for students. All parents should check their students' fee accounts in the next few weeks for any outstanding fees or incidental charges such as Chromebook damages or missing library books and textbooks. Student accounts should be paid in full at the end of every year.
4) If your son/daughter will be leaving early from school for a doctor's appointment/etc. please be sure to send them in with a note to notify our office in the morning. Thank you!
5) If your child is not feeling well during the day, please tell them to come to the office and visit the clinic. Students are not permitted to have their phones during the day to text or make phone calls home. If a student does this more than once we will have to issue a technology violation. Phones are to be in lockers and silenced. Thank you for understanding.
6) If your student is not returning to Avon Schools next year, be sure to stop by the office now and fill out a withdrawal form and return any district Chromebooks and chargers.
Summer Reading for ELA Classes
Incoming 6th Graders: 1 fiction book of choice (at least 150 pages)
Incoming 6th Grade Honors: 1 fiction book of choice (at least 150 pages)
Incoming 7th Grade: 1 fiction book of choice (at least 150 pages)
Incoming 7th Grade Honors: A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park
Incoming 8th Grade: 1 fiction book of choice (at least 150 pages)
Incoming 8th Grade Honors: The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
7th Grade Immunizations 2023-2024 School Year
Incoming 7th grade students are required to have the following immunizations before entering the 7th grade. It is a great time to schedule these with your physician so that a copy can be sent to our AMS office. Thank you!