Clarks Creek Staff News
November 16-25, 2015
It's almost that special week of the year where we pause and remember all of the things that we are thankful for. While we try to do that all the time, it's easy to forget all of those things when we are so busy with everything else! From students with special learning or behavior challenges, to dealing with new curriculum and assessments, to adjusting to new students moving in and others moving out, to mounds of paperwork to complete and emails to respond to, there is a lot of important stuff happening that we must deal with that can easily draw our attention away from things we are grateful for! Despite all of that, though, the opportunity to work through those challenges with all of you, our students, and our parents, is something for which I am profoundly grateful!
As the next month SPEEDS by, be sure to stop and take a minute to think about the things you are grateful for every day. Every time I stop and think about that, I am immediately thankful for YOU, the best school staff in the world! Thank you for everything you do for our students and families every single day!
Have a super week!
Announcements and Reminders
- The next staff breakfast is coming up on Monday, the 23rd! As a reminder, this is for ALL staff members to attend and enjoy a morning with your colleagues as we celebrate those among us with recent or upcoming birthdays. This time, first grade and specials will be providing the goodies. Let's make this a "bring your own coffee/beverage" event!
- Speaking of hot beverages, this Friday will be our first "hot chocolate party" after school in Town Hall! Hope to see you there for a few minutes of sipping and mingling before you head out for the weekend.
- Don't forget that we'll be on alternate schedules this Tuesday and Friday.
10-Day Forecast of Upcoming Events
NO Staff Meeting this Thursday
11/16 Grades 3-5 District Math PD After School in LGI 4:00 p.m.
11/17 Alternate Schedule - Music Program Preview @ 2:15 p.m.
11/17 3rd Grade Music Program 7:00 Gym
11/19 Last Day of the Major Saver Campaign
11/19 3 Classes of 2nd Grade to WonderLab
11/20 2 Classes of 2nd Grade to WonderLab
11/20 Alternate Schedule - "Into the Woods" Preview 2:45 in gym
11/20 First Hot Chocolate Party of the Year After School - Town Hall!
11/23 Staff Breakfast - Oct/Nov (Gr 1 and Specials provide) 7:45 - 8:15, Staff Lounge
11/26 - 11/27 Thanksgiving Vacation
- The Waste-Free Lunch Challenge was a huge success on Friday! Thanks to Kara for spear-heading the effort and to all who talked to your students about it. Thanks, too, to the cafeteria staff for working to reduce waste and to Bob, Jo, and Charles for helping with both the trash and recycling. We are greener because of your efforts!
- The "Winner's Circle" for the math fact challenge is taking shape! Thanks to Holly for her creative vision and to all of those who were able to stay and help paint on Wednesday. There will be another "painting party" another day to hopefully finish everything up. Hope to see you there! (Time TBD)