Dyer Yearbook Update - Take 2!
See Below for Revised Pick Up Date and Details!
Yearbook Distribution Re-Scheduled for August 10th!
All yearbooks will be distributed (along with School Materials) on Monday 8/10. Please see below for your assigned time! Rising 6th graders can also pick up their yearbook at any time on this day. An email with more details regarding pick up process will be sent out next week! Thanks to everyone for your patience as we navigate these unprecedented times.
If you haven't purchased a 2019-2020 yearbook, it's not too late! Yearbooks can be purchased on My Payments Plus through Friday, 8/7! Pick up for these orders will also take place on 8/10.
If you have any questions, please call the front office at 770-963-6214
Other Reminders and Information!
- Teachers will be calling to introduce themselves today (Thursday 7/30) and tomorrow (Friday 7/31). If you do not receive a phone call, please reach out to the front office at 770-963-6214, we may just be missing some paperwork!
- Be sure to log into MPP before 8/12, and complete the REQUIRED sign off on the GCPS and DES Handbooks. While you're there, please consider making a financial contribution to our school. These donations remain essential as we hope to return to in person instruction sometime this school year. In the event that does not happen, we will reallocate funds as needed to support online learning resources.
- Be sure to take a moment to verify that you have access to the GCPS Parent Portal. For more information on the updated Parent Portal, please click here .
The Free/Reduced Lunch Application is now open, and it is important that any families that feel they may qualify go ahead and complete that application as soon as possible. To apply, click here.
Open House for Returning Dyer Students is Friday, 8/7. Your classroom teacher will email a link to the virtual meeting on Wednesday, 8/5. For more details, click here!
- Open House for New to Dyer Students and all PreK & Kindergarten Students will take place on Monday, 8/10 by appointment. Your classroom teacher will email a link to the sign up on Monday, 8/3. For more information, click here. (School materials for new to DES students will be distributed during your in person open house appointment.)
- School Materials Pick Up for Returning Dyer Students is Monday 8/10 . Please click here or see chart above for your child's assigned time. We are encouraging you to bring your student with you as the grade level teachers will be distributing these supplies, and they would love to see your child in person, even if it's from a distance! For this reason, families with multiple students are encouraged to attend during each of their child's assigned time slots. If you are unable to attend your assigned time slot, we are also providing extended hours from 3-6PM. Students that placed a request to borrow a device from the school will receive a loaner Chromebook at this time. If you are unable to attend your assigned time, we are also offering extended hours to help fit your schedule.
- School Supply Lists have been updated for Digital Learning. These are the only supplies that we are asking parents to purchase at this time. We may request additional items when in-person instruction resumes. Students will also need to have access to a device (tablet/Chromebook/laptop, etc.) during the entire school day and we recommend that a student does not share a device with a family member. Parents are encouraged to purchase a device for their child. However, parents may also request to receive a school-owned device that will be loaned to you for the semester. To place a request, please call the school at 770-963-6214 by Friday, July 31st.