August 16, 2018
I realize it's been overwhelming with so much beginning of year tasks. Listed below are things to remember if you haven't already created your own "to do" list.
- Daily Schedules-Jeanine will be reviewing daily schedules Friday. All detailed schedules need to be in the Google drive file by then.
- Safe Schools Training-don't forget to log in and complete your online trainings. If you are having trouble with login, email Hoover.
- Dyslexia Training-you received an email recently to complete an online training for this. This is a required training for all teachers.
- "Help Our School" Google Form. Don't forget to complete this form ASAP. The link is below. Also, click here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-tV_mMORR1QXD7oZoESyZ5lQ9Z1IsZtw/view?usp=sharing to see what is already taken. (Yellow areas of need.)
- Schedules-Make sure you make the corrections that I email you on your HR Roster. Also, make sure you cross check all of your other rosters with your HR roster.
- Counseling Schedule-Please see Mrs. Villarreal and set up your counseling days.
- Please pay for Faculty Dues ($20 Teacher, $10 Para) and Staff Shirt to Nadine. Shirts should arrive Thursday Morning and we can wear them to convocation Friday.
- Please access the universal screener for more information on your students. Email Jeanine if you need the link to your grade level.
- We are so sorry about the delay on the agendas/teacher planners. They should be here Friday so we will try and get them out to you by Monday.
- If you signed up for our first book study (Teach Skills and Break Habits), I sent you an invite on Google to our Study Group.
Notes from Mrs. Cristan
- Radios need to be on Channel 1 to contact office (Mrs. Pena).
- Radios need to be taken to recess.
- Keep radios charged at all times.
- Be cautious of what you say over the radio / radio etiquette.
Let’s get into the habit now:
- Remember to sign in and out on a daily basis.
Safety Protocol Signs:
- Colorful signs will be placed in your box – 2 per room.
- 1 needs to be placed near your door, and the other needs to be where it is easily accessible in case of an emergency.
- Make reference in sub. plans where this information will be located.
Tri-fold Safety Protocol Pamphlet needs to be brought with you to the training next Tuesday (will be placed in teacher boxes).
- Read over in its entirely- become familiar with it.
- Train students by September 14th. Practice all drills – our goal is to make the students aware and ease their anxiety.
Red Emergency Go Kit:
- If you need one- email V. Cristan
Fire Drill Exit Signs:
- Placed by doors. If you need one- email V. Cristan
- Need to be completed and turned in before the 1st day of school.
Notice of Concern:
- Remember to TEST your document, and email V. Cristan. Notice of Concern was emailed to all staff on Tuesday.
- STEPS TO FOLLOW: Open document, type a brief comment/word, save the document under SAVE AS, and then email to V. Cristan.
- Cristan will respond to your N. of C. - we want to make sure comments can be read by admin. and teacher.
Elementary Meet the Teacher
Friday, Aug. 24th 2018 at 8:30-11:30am
2505 Waldron Road
Corpus Christi, TX
Inspiration for a Maker Mindset
This Week's Calendar
8/17-Convocation & Training with Mr. St. James & UDL Training
8/20-Really Great Reading & Planning
8/21-Sub Procedures, Staff Picture & Safety Training
8/22-Balance Literacy for NEW FBE staff
8/23-UDL Refresher, Planning
8/24-Meet the Teacher and Classroom Prep
Aug 2 Chuck Almaraz
Aug 4 Gina Bentz
Aug 8 Codie Rowe
Aug 12 Amanda Wilson
Aug 27 Star Loucks
Aug 29 Delia Ortiz
Aug 29 Melissa Pena