The Panther Post
February 2019 Monthly Newsletter
Congratulations to Pleasant Hill's Second Quarter Honor Roll Recipients
We will begin collecting donations for LLS at the beginning of February and continue our collection through the last day of February. Donations can be sent in to your child's classroom or donations can be made online. The classroom with the most donations will win a free catered lunch from the Olive Garden!
Students can participate in some fun spirit days to help raise money for LLS. If they bring $1 to school on these days, they can dress up in the following spirit wear!
February 6: Superhero Day
February 8: Pajama Day
February 11: Favorite Sports Team/Jersey Day
February 13: Hat Day
February 20: Twin Day
February 22: Crazy Hair Day
February 25: Ugly Shirt/Sweater Day
February 27: Animal Day
We have been so successful in the past raising money for LLS and look forward to making a difference in helping save the lives of blood cancer patients again this year.
Supper with the Supt.
Thanks to those #phillpanthers and their families who braved the weather and joined Mrs. Weaver for Supper with the Superintendent! It was great to spend time with families visiting and sharing information about our district. Feedback is truly appreciated. A big shoutout to Tammy Porter and Michelle May for the delicious meal ❤️
Mrs. Willenborg worked with the 8th grade #phillpanthers to teach them more about cubism and Picasso. They learned that cubism involves different ways of seeing, or perceiving, the world around us. Students had the opportunity to begin sketching their own Picasso cubist works of art. We can’t wait to see the finished products!
Supper with the Supt.
Closing School for Inclement Weather
Factors Included in Making the Decision for a Snow Day:
- Information on current road conditions-conditions are monitored throughout the night and again at 4:00 AM before making the call
- Amount of snow and ice accumulated
- Duration and timing of the snow and/or ice event
- Temperature and wind chill (for safety of walkers and students at bus stops)-we use a -30 wind chill for a sustained period of time as a "cold weather closure" guide
- School building conditions (electricity, heat, water)
- Current weather conditions, along with predicted weather, but closures cannot be determined solely on predictions
- Will buses be operational and running on schedule?
- Consultation with weather consultants and other nearby school districts
Important Notes & Reminders
- Pleasant Hill has accumulated several items in the lost and found. Please stop by the school when you drop your child off or during conference time to see if your child is missing any items.
- Don't forget to sign up for your student led conference by clicking on the link that your child's classroom teacher sent you through the remind app. It will be coming to you through signupgenius.com. Remember, if you want a traditional one on one conference with the teacher, you must specify that by letting the teacher know. Otherwise, your child will be the one in charge of leading the conference. Conferences will be held on Wednesday, February 13 and Thursday, February 14 from 4:00-7:00 PM.
- There will be NO SCHOOL on Friday, February 15 or Monday, February 18.
Congratulations to Our Star Students of the Month Jaelynn Wilson & Jaydon Fisher
Mark Your Calendars
- February 1-Popcorn Friday-Happy 100th Day of School!
- February 1-28-Pennies for Patients Campaign
- February 4-Progress Reports Sent Home-Parents Club Meeting 6:00 PM
- February 5-12-Candy Grams for Sale $1 Sold During Lunch Hours
- February 6-LCHS Band, Choir, Color Guard, ROTC Performance 8:15 AM
- February 7-Honor Roll Luncheon 12:20 PM
- February 12-Parents Club Meeting 6:00 in the School Library
- February 13 & 14-Student Led Conferences 4:00-7:00 PM
- February 15-No School
- February 18-No School-President's Day
- February 19-School Board Meeting 6:00 PM
- February 20-8th Grade Preview Night at LCHS 6:30
- February 22-Multi-Cultural Festival 1:00-Families Welcome
- February 25-First Track Practice