PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Monday, May 23, 2016
BLOOD DRIVE SUCCESS!
The 2016 PSHS Blood Drive was a SMASHING SUCCESS! The Wildcat community donated more than 650 units of blood…that is another 2000 lives saved!! Special thanks to all the teachers/staff, administrators, our awesome nurse and incredible number of kids that made this event happen….what a difference YOU made!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
EXAMS FOR STUDENTS WITH ACCOMMODATIONS
Students MUST sign up in A230 to take final exams in the library. If you need extra time or oral administration, you must sign up NO LATER THAN Wednesday, May 25th! This is a student responsibility!
DEADLINE IS NEXT WEDNESDAY.
TEXTBOOKS & SCHOOL PROPERTY
Please check under your bed, closets, trunk of the car, etc… for your textbooks or school property that was checked out to you. Fines will be assessed for damaged items. School textbooks and property not accounted for will result in Seniors not being cleared and Juniors having their senior schedule held until all fines/fees are paid or property returned.
* * PSHS PTSA (PARENT, TEACHER, STUDENT ASSOCIATION) * *
- Congratulations to these seniors who won $500 scholarships at the 5/19 PTSA meeting! Special thanks to Market Street, our Community Partner, for their generosity in sponsoring one of the scholarships. Winners may contact email@example.com.
- Juan Miguel Rodriguez, a senior PSHS PTSA member, won a $500 scholarship drawing from the PISD Council of PTAs on 5/17!
- Volunteers are needed to read final exams to students from 5/31-6/3. Please follow this link and select the shift(s). Your help will be appreciated by students and teachers. Thank you! https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/Open_Forms
- The following donations are being collected for Plano’s Closet food pantry: canned ravioli, canned vegetables, just-add-water pancake mixes, and small bottles of syrup. Items may be dropped off in the main office.
- The PSHS PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) invites you to get a jumpstart on becoming a PTSA member now for the 2016-2017 school year. Students who are members for both years are eligible to win PTSA scholarship drawings their senior year. ($10,000 scholarships in 2015-2016) It costs just $10 for a student and $15 for a parent. See more benefits and sign up at this link today. https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/membership
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SENIOR REUNIONS
Graduating Seniors...you are invited to come reminisce with friends at your Elementary School Senior Reunion. Click here http://www.pisd.edu/news/archive/2015-16/senior.reunions.shtml for the list of schools and their respective details.
* * * * * * * * * * * * BOOSTER ANNOUNCEMENTS * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
New online menu service-MealViewer
Food and Nutritional Services is pleased to announce MealViewer, a new on-line communication tool for menus and nutritional information to meet your campus needs. It comes as a web and APP version. Parents can retrieve menus and dietary information anywhere anytime.
Parents can follow the pisd web site links listed below to access the announcement. We have provided instructions on the web site to assist parents on how to retrieve menus/allergen/nutritional information. It is very easy to use.
FROM THE FINANCE OFFICE
IMPORTANT! PSHS policy is that we will no longer accept checks after April 30th for this school year - beginning May 1st, ONLY CASH OR MONEY ORDERS for EXACT $$ will be accepted for all fines and/or missing textbooks and equipment. NOTE: Students not cleared will be on a "not clear" list until everything is turned in and/or paid for. Senior withdrawals will be pulled and seniors not cleared will need to do so before final transcripts are sent and their diplomas will be held until charges are cleared.
FROM THE REGISTRAR
- FINAL CLASS RANK & GPA FOR SENIORS: Available in the Registrar’s Office beginningTODAY, May 5th. You MUST have a picture ID. DO NOT come during class time.
- HONOR GRADUATES: The list of Honor Graduates will be posted on the trophy case windows opposite the Registrar’s Office. To be eligible you must have a cumulative final GPA of 3.6 or above.
- HONOR STOLES: Qualifying seniors may sign for and pick up their Honor Stoles in the Registrar’s Office. Cost is $15 – CASH ONLY. Be sure to bring your ID.
- FINAL TRANSCRIPTS: We will now accept requests for final, graduated transcripts.ALL requests will be held for processing until after Graduation on June 9th. If you want a personal copy of your final transcript, please provide a self-addressed envelope along with your request. *We anticipate all paper/mailed transcripts will be processed by June 24th. Electronic transcripts will be processed as soon as possible after graduation.
- SUMMER HOURS: Summer hours begin the week of June 6th (Closed Thursday, June 9th for Graduation). Hours are Monday – Thursday from 7:30am – 4:30pm.
ATTENTION STUDENTS TAKING AP EXAMS
AP Scores will be available Online in July.
You must have a College Board account to access your scores. Go to https://apscore.collegeboard.org/scores#m=signin-form&scores to create an account or log on to see your scores.
GRADUATION ORDERS PICK-UP
Yearbooks can be picked up in B208 (Journalism Room), BEFORE OR AFTER SCHOOL, BETWEEN CLASSES, DURING BOTH LUNCHES AND 7th PERIOD. A PICTURE ID is REQUIRED to receive your yearbook. Extra copies are being sold first come, first served for $100 cash ONLY until they are gone.
The PSHS Band presents the Prism Concert on Thursday, May 26th in the Doyle Dean Performing Arts Center starting at 7pm. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased on Wednesday, May 25th from 4-6pm or Thursday, May 26th from 6-7pm at the box office in the lobby of the Fine Arts Building D. Come enjoy the many different musical colors offered!
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION-HIGH SCHOOL
On-line registration for High School Summer School started Monday, March 21st. Counselors must pre-approve courses in the registration portal. To register, visit with your counselor about course selections, then login to parent portal and complete the student emergency information from any computer with internet access. Courses pre-approved by the student’s counselor will be viewable and available for selection. Online registration and payment is the most efficient and convenient way to enroll in Summer School courses. Questions regarding registration can be directed to the campus counseling office.
- June 13 - June 30
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 5 - July 22
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 1, July 4
- Note: On the last day of each session students will be released at 10:00 am.
- Only one absence is permitted per session.
Plano East Senior High School, 3000 Los Rios Blvd, Plano TX 75074
- English, Spanish, Math, Communication Applications and SAT-PSAT Preparation Classes.
Plano West Senior High School, 5601 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093
- Social Studies, Science, Physical Education and Health.
For a comprehensive list of High School Summer School course offerings, visit:http://www.pisd.edu/students/summer.school/high.school.shtm
New Student Orientation at Collin College
PSHS SWIMMING & DIVING INFORMATIONAL MEETING
If you are at all interested in entering into the world of Texas High School competitive swimming or diving, then please come join us on Wednesday, May 18th at 6pm at the Plano Aquatic Center (2301 Westside Dr.). There will be discussion of team policies, training expectations, and the try out process. There will also be a time for open questions. We look forward to meeting you and answering any questions you may have about what the PSHS swim and dive team is all about. See you soon!
JROTC needs YOU!
The JROTC Booster club board has several members with children graduating and is looking to fill open booster club positions. Commitment is minimal - 1 meeting a month that typically lasts 30-60 minutes. Most positions only require about 30 minutes on top of that. (Hospitality requires a bit more but only during meet season) We are looking to fill the following positions: Fundraising, Membership and 2 Hospitality positions. If you would like to learn more and/or have any interest, please contact Heidi Holguin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADVANCED FASHION DESIGN – WORLD WEAR PROJECT: RECYCLING SHOES AND CLOTHING NEVER MADE MORE CENTS!
Be a part of diverting thousands of pounds of shoes and clothing from local landfills by filling our shoe and clothing donation bin with your gently used: shoes, clothes, purses, belts, wallets, hats, caps, backpacks, hard toys, stuffed animals, pots and pans. For every pound donated from you, our fashion students receive $0.15. Our bin is conveniently located in the East parking lot by the gym in handicap parking.
The benefit to you? Neater closets, drawers, toy boxes, and kitchens, and the knowledge that less textile waste will end up in our local landfills. Thank you from Advanced Fashion Design students!
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: