September 18, 2019
Upcoming Dates and Calendar Info...LOTS GOING ON!
- Monday 9/23: Early Release Day, Dismissal at 1:40pm
- Wednesday 9/25: Fall Picture Day
- Friday 9/27: Family Bingo Night 5:30pm
- Friday 9/27: Live Scan at Bingo Night 5 - 7pm
- Monday 9/30: Early Release Day, Dismissal at 1:40pm
- Tuesday 10/1: K-Kids Meeting 2:45 - 3:45pm
- Thursday 10/3: NO SCHOOL
- Friday 10/4: NO SCHOOL
- Monday 10/7: NO SCHOOL
- Monday 10/14: Staff Development Day: NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday 10/15: K-KIds Meeting 2:45 - 3:45pm
- Friday 10/18: Picture Retakes
- Friday 10/18: Fall Festival
- Monday 10/21: Early Release Day, Dismissal at 1:40pm
- Monday 10/28: Early Release Day, Dismissal at 1:40pm
- Thursday 10/31: Halloween Parade
- Sunday 11/3: Daylight Savings Time
- Monday 11/4: Early Release Day, Dismissal at 1:40pm
- Tuesday 11/5: K-Kids Meeting 2:45 - 3:45pm
- Monday 11/11: Veteran's Day: NO SCHOOL
- 11/12-11/15: 5th grade at Shady Creek Outdoor School
11/15-11/22: Scholastic Book Fair
- 11/18-11/22: Parent Teacher Conference Week: Early Dismissal
- Tuesday 11/19: K-Kids Meeting 1:45 - 2:45pm
- 11/25-11/29: Thanksgiving Break: NO SCHOOL
- 12/2: Early Release Day, Dismissal at 1:40pm
- Tuesday 12/3: K-Kids Meeting 2:45 - 3:45pm
- Monday 12/9: Early Release Day, Dismissal at 1:40pm
- 12/11-12/13: Santa Shoppe
- 12/16-12/20: Early Release Day, Dismissal at 1:40pm
- 12/23-1/5: Winter Break NO SCHOOL
- Monday 1/6/20: School Resumes, Early Dismissal at 1:40pm
Sight Word Busters Volunteers Wanted!
Do you love working with children? Would you like to aid in helping kids learn? Do you enjoy watching the eyes of children light up when they do well? Then Sight Word Busters is for you! We have one-hour-a-week volunteer opportunities for Carlin C. Coppin parents or guardians! Sight Word Busters is a non-profit organization that provides trained volunteers in the TK, Kindergarten, and some 1st grade classrooms to help students master their sight words (high frequency words). We currently have openings in all the classrooms and would love to have you join our Sight Word Busters team. You can find out more about us on our website: http://www.sightwordbusters.org Click on the volunteer tab to fill out an application, take a look at the online calendar to find a training that suits your schedule, and sign up for a training to be a volunteer today! Please e-mail Laura Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 916-768-9139 if you have any questions. Carlin C. Coppin teachers and staff would love to have your support in this endeavor. Before you know it your children will be grown, so volunteer today before it's too late. We hope to hear from you soon!
Coppin Dragon families
We are excited for the upcoming Family Bingo Night on 9/27. Our PTC is in need of family themed raffle basket items for each classroom.
Here's how one can help:
- A parent volunteer is needed for each class to compile and build a family themed raffle basket. Ensure a detailed list is attached to basket with an estimated amount the basket items are worth.
- Parents need to send donation items to class by 9/20 so the room parent can turn in completed baskets to PTC by 9/23.
- 9/23 baskets to be turned into the office with attention to Lindsey Graves.
All donations are tax deductible and feel free to contact Lindsey Graves for any questions at LindseyDGraves@gmail.com.
Family Bingo Night
Friday, Sep. 27th, 5:30pm
150 12th Street
***ENTRY PACKAGE= $10/per person includes:
- Entry, 9 bingo games, 1 dauber and 5 raffle tickets!!!
- Order form and money is due by September 20th - after that you can purchase at the door while supplies last.
- Raffle Baskets will be available to win!
- Silent Auction items for 5 FRONT ROW SEATS TO STARSTRUCK, lunch for your student and 2 friends with Mrs. Coyle, and much more!
- Calling all volunteers and businesses! Our school PTC is run entirely on donations and from parents. We would appreciate any gifts, gift cards, in-kind or monetary donations for our upcoming silent auction/Bingo Night. All donations are a tax write off. There are many ways to help with Family Bingo Night including: donate to raffle baskets, help setup/or cleanup, and much more. Email Lindsey Graves at LindseyDGraves@gmail.com to donate raffle prizes
For more information please see flyer (it will also be sent home).
Live Scan at Bingo Night
- On Bingo night Friday, September 27th from 5 - 7pm we will have Capitol Live Scan on our campus. They will be offering a discounted rate of $45 for each live scan. The live scan is good for the duration that you are in the Western Placer Unified District. If you are interested please let the office know and we will add you to the list.
- Parent Volunteers: If you are new to CCC and would like to volunteer in the classroom, you will need to complete a volunteer packet. Additionally we need a clear TB test of file and you will need to be fingerprinted. Here is the link to our volunteer packet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16t6lWZtmYJbjGxoXK6BrpDCyW2qDGxje/view?usp=sharing
Parenting the Love & Logic Way
K-Kids Meeting Dates
School Site Council Nominations
Support School Safety
Parking & Drop Off
Please note that parking is at a premium, particularly now that we have so many new families who joined us this fall. If you are arriving early and waiting with your child in your car, please consider parking along the street to ensure our staff can find parking when they arrive.
It is essential that you pull all the way forward in the drop off lane so that we can get all of our cars/kiddos into the drop off zone and then out of their car in a safe and efficient manner. When there are no buses in the drop off area, please pull all the way forward. You may drop off in the bus area after the buses leave. This will create more room for everyone to move through safely.
If you are walking your child onto campus and plan to go past the big, black gate, you must sign in at the front office and obtain a visitor badge to be on campus. Remember to sign out when you leave as well. This helps us to account for everyone that is on campus.
Food Service News
We've gotten lots of feedback from students and families regarding some changes in food services. Here is some info from our Food Service Director Christina Lawson:
A. WPUSD has started offering chocolate milk on Fridays only. Our Food Service department is really focused on bringing in lots of fruits and vegetables this year and reducing down the occurrence of items with added sugar.
B. Want to help shape the future of WPUSD food service offerings? We are looking for teachers, parents, community members that are interested in being on some panels/focus groups regarding food service selections and branding over the next year. Please reach out to Christina Lawson at email@example.com if interested.
C. We are lucky to be able to feature lots of CA grown produce that is seasonal and fresh. All our offerings are all CA Grown at the moment including our carrots, lettuce, plums, peaches, oranges, zucchini, strawberries to name a few!