Raureka School Term 4 Week 3
Newsletter 3 November 2021
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
I am very pleased to say that the Year 6's had a fantastic time at Camp last week. A huge thanks to the staff and parent helpers who ensured that camp was such a huge success.
I've only heard great things about the camp from the children, although the big walk was difficult.
Vaccination Certificates: As from November 16th everyone who works in schools or has access to children must have had their first vaccination and by 1 January 2022 be fully vaccinated. All teachers and support support staff need to be vaccinated to work in schools. This also means that all parent helpers who go on trips/ take sports teams etc will need to show their vaccination status to us. I will also need to record this information in a vaccination register. This has been mandated and we must comply because we want to ensure that everyone is kept safe. Please don't be offended if I ask for your vaccination status if you are going to helping us help the children.
Thank you for helping us keep safe.
Swimming Pool: Unfortunately this year we won't be able to open the pool to the public because we have to maintain strict Covid-19 protocols and we can't do that unless we have a full time person at the pool to ensure that we have a record of who is attending and their vaccination status as well as maintaining social distancing.
End of year assembly: We are working at finding a way to ensure that this goes ahead as there are new protocols that we have to meet before it can go ahead safely. At this stage we are looking at having all parents sign in, wear a mask, maintain strict social distancing from others and be in groups of no more than 100. Our Assembly will need to be outdoors so the weather needs to be fine.
We will let you know our plans as soon as they are finalised as we want our assembly to go ahead safely.
We have our Teacher Only Day coming up on Monday 22nd November and no staff will be onsite. The YMCA Oscar programme will be open and children can book in for that if they wish.
That time of the year again where Torpedo 7 are holding their Friends and Family Event from the 4th Nov to the 14th November.
If you're looking for gifts for Xmas, or thinking about getting out and about on a new bike or whatever it may be, head on down to your local store or purchase on line using the special code on the flyer, just download a copy to your phone and or print off a copy of the flyer and present in store.
Feel free to share the flyer with your friends and family as well, you will see the Flyer below.
As we are in Term 4 all children need to wear a potae (hat). Hats can be bought from the office for $10:00.
- Please remember that classes start at 8:55 a.m. each day and all children should be at school, unless they are sick, ready to start then.
- Children are required to wear our correct Raureka School uniform - no exceptions. Royal blue polo-shirt $30, royal blue polar-fleece $40 are both available from the office. Shorts, skorts, skirts, longs must be plain black and can be purchased in town.
- Please remember that in case of an emergency we need to have an up to date contact number for you and for your emergency contact person, also a current address - Please let the office know of any changes.
Our four values are :
Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focusing on - Respect/Whakaute. - which means, believe in yourself, value the feelings and rights of others and show regard for the environment.
Expected behaviour for this week: show respect for others.
The following children received awards at our last assembly:
R1 Liro Susanto, R2 Sabrina Sehjal, R4 , R5 , R7 Azaria Wilkins-Chadwick, R8 Khaleesi Wood,
R11 Xavier McKenzie, R12 Emily Warwick, R13 Taylor Ramsay, R14 Emma King, R15 Spencer Kingon, R19 Ciana Sula-Sinclair, R20 Jayla Truman, R21 Naychan Chadwick, ESOL.
Hello Room 7 - what have you got to share with us this week?
- Fri. 5 November - Senior Trip to HN/Redwoods
- Mon. 8 Nov. - Wed. 11 Nov. - Digital Circus working with classes
- Tues. 16 Nov. Athletic Sports
- Mon 22 Nov Teacher Only Day- No School
- Thu. 30 Nov. Junior Trip
- Fri. 10 Dec Reports come home
- Mon 13 Dec Year 6 Social
- Tues. 14 Dec Final Assembly 1:00 p.m.
- Last Day of 2021 - Wed. Dec. 15 (School closes at 12.30)
School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers. The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. We need help on the following days - Front Gate: Wednesday, Friday, Back Gate: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.