Week of January 10, 2022
January Character Theme: Digital/Online Safety
Digital/Online Safety provides us with information to keep kids safe online. Here are 10 things parents can do to keep their kids safe online:
- Talk openly with your child about their online activity.
- Keep screens/devices where you can see them.
- Know your parental controls.
- Know who your children's online friends are.
- Be 'share aware' to protect your privacy.
- Keep control of your family's digital footprint.
- Teach your children to keep their location private.
- Keep track of online time.
- Be #SocialNetwordSavvy.
- Lead by example.
Cited:10 things every parent can do to Keep Kids Safe Online. Children's Health Queensland. (2018, March 1). Retrieved January 11, 2022, from https://www.childrens.health.qld.gov.au/blog-10-things-keep-kids-safe-online/
👕👕Wear your school shirts on Mondays👕👕
(unless otherwise noted for a specific event, i.e. field trips)
January 3 - Student Holiday/Staff Development
January 4 - Beginning of 3rd 9 weeks
January 7 - 2nd 9 Weeks Report Card Comes Home
January 14 - No School (Coryell County Youth Fair)
January 17 - No School (MLK Jr Day)
January 21 - Hat DayBring a $1
January 24 - Hornet Gold 4H Meeting
January 26 - 100th Day of School (more details to follow)
February 11 - 4th and 5th grade ❤️Valentine Exchange❤️
February 14 & 15 - Staff Development, No school for students
February 21 - 6th Grade parent meeting for Health and Wellness @ 5:15 Int. Cafeteria
📚Ever wonder what to talk about after your child has R E A D a book/story at home?📚
- Morning drop off is 7:15 - 7:50AM on the back porch. Please do not drop your children off on the 4th grade side of the building. Tardy bell rings @ 7:55AM.
- Back porch door closes at 7:50 AM daily. Students arriving after 7:50AM need to be dropped off at the front porch.
- Dismissal is @ 3:35PM.
- Breakfast and lunch are F R E E for all GISD students this year. Take advantage of these meals if interested!
- Water bottles are allowed at school. Bottles must be clear and have a screw on top lid.
- Cell phones and/or devices need to be kept out of sight and turned off except during the following times: morning time in the gym, band hall/music room & cafeteria before school, and after school. Devices will not be allowed during lunch period.
- In the event of inclement weather, afternoon church pick up will be closed and students will need to be picked up on the back porch. Morning drop offs will remain in the back, and we will have multiple back doors open in the event of rain.
If you need to stop by the office in the mornings before school (7:15-7:50AM), please park in either side parking lot (behind Farm Bureau on the 5th grade side or the 4th grade side by the church) and walk to the front entrance.