Mountain View Elementary School
Proud Home of the Eagles
Who is the counselor?
What do counselors do?
- Advocate and provide emotional support for all student
- Provide resources in and out of the classroom to enhance success for all students.
- Small Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Collaborate with teachers based on the needs of each student
- Teach Character Education in the classroom monthly
- Attend Parent/Teacher Conferences
The best things in life are FREE!
FREE Ideas to help build relationships with your kids:
- Play a game together
- Read with your child
- Have a family movie night
- Cook a meal together
- Let them choose a game and they teach you
- Go visit an animal shelter together
- Make a recycled crafted together
- Listen, sing or dance to music
- Take a walk
How to help your child before a test
- Do something fun the night before a test, like play a game together
- Get to bed early
- Eat breakfast
- Remember how much you have learned over the past year.
- Think POSITIVE thoughts: "I WILL DO MY BEST!"
- Close your eyes and take 5 deep breaths. Each time you breathe in, think a positive thought about yourself.
- Remember you are a unique person who has lots of special talents and abilities!
Just Do Your BEST!