Trinity Lutheran Preschool
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me..."
Early Childhood Monthly Newsletter--December 2014
"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures forever." Psalm 136:1
We had an amazing time in November learning about giving THANKS and saying THANK YOU. Our November Seedlings focus was..."I can say THANK YOU." We as teachers and parents mentor to our children on learning this concept so that it comes naturally for them and that they can appreciate things daily. THANK YOU!
The Season of Advent
We have began the season of Advent at Trinity. We have our Advent wreath on our altar in the preschool pod (see picture) and are teaching the children what the word "advent" means. Advent is a season of waiting, expecting and hoping. Advent helps us prepare for the coming, or "advent" of the Christ child at Christmas. The word "advent" comes from the Latin word that means "coming." By ligting candles on the Advent wreath and reading Bible verses, we are reminded about the meaning of Christ's birth and the joy of celebrating His birthday on Christmas day. It is an exciting time for our preschoolers this month to learn about the birth of Jesus!!!
December Seedlings Focus..."I can give."
This month our children are learning about Generosity and how to be generous. Our talking points with the children using our monthly phrase is "I can give":
- "I" - Some questions for the children, "What was your favorite gift you have ever received?" How does it feel to get a gift from someone?"
- "Can give."- "What are some things that you can give away to others?" What does it mean to give your time?" "How can you give kindness to your friends?"
We will learn how we can give of ourselves by sharing, being kind, donating, and giving gifts that we make for others. We will learn that gifts aren't always material possessions, too.
- Thursday/Friday, December 4/5: Pajama day:) Please donate a pair of new pajamas or give monetary gifts to children in our area. The program is set up by Scholastic Books. Every child will receive a new book with a new pair of pajamas.
- Wednesday, December 17: Pre-Kindergarten Christmas Program at 8:15 a.m. in the gym/chapel. All parents are asked to be at this program for our Stepping Stones students.
- Thursday, December 18: Building Blocks Preschool short program at 8:00 a.m. in the classroom. Please join our music teacher as she shares what the children have been singing this month and make a craft with your preschooler.
- Friday, December 19: Early Release-dismissal at 1:00 p.m.
Worship Opportunities at Trinity
- Saturday at 5:00 p.m.
- Sundays at 8 and 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. for all ages
- Wednesdays in December- Advent Services- at 6:30 p.m.
Christmas Eve Services
- 11:00 a.m. Eucharist and Carols
- 4:00 p.m. Eucharist and Carols
- 7:00 p.m. Candlelight Eucharist
- 10:00 p.m. Candlelight Eucharist
- 10:00 a.m. Festive Eucharist