Why is portion size so important? . . .
Healthy Weight Loss
The plate is simply a tool to remind you to limit your portion sizes and eat healthy, balanced meals. Here are some tips to help you eat healthy :
- Try to eat at the table more.
- Don't double and triple your recommended portions.
- When you are full, STOP eating.
- Eat slowly, it gives your body time to digest.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Eat high-fiber foods in your diet.
- Eat balanced meals and healthy foods.
- Try not to eat high-calorie foods.
- Eat lots of leafy vegetables.
"The National Institutes of Health recommends a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise at least five days a week for adults. Exercising on a regular basis will help you manage your weight, improve your mood, and combat high blood pressure, diabetes, osteoporosis and certain kinds of cancer."