A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of February 25, 2019
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- Interim (Online Mock STAAR) Math/Reading Testing (Gr 3-5) ALL WEEK
- TELPAS Writing Samples Week 3 Due on Friday, March 1
- Region 12 Make/Take PD with Mr. A (Gr K/1) on Monday, February 25
- Fairy Tale Day (Kinder) on Tuesday, February 26
- Spring Break Academy Parent Meeting at AV on Tuesday, February 26 at 5:30 pm
- Writing Interim Assessments (Gr 3-4) on Wednesday & Thursday, February 27-28
- BU Bear Athletes Chat (Gr 5) on Wednesday, February 27
- Faculty Meeting (Vertical Alignment) on Wednesday, February 27 **BRING LAPTOP**
- Pizza with the Principal on Thursday, February 28 at 1:00 pm
- Math PLCs on Thursday, February 28
- Math Family Huddles on Thursday, February 28 at 8:30 am
- CDMC Meeting on Thursday, February 28 at 4:15 pm **SEND GRADE LEVEL REP**
- Dr. Seuss & House Buddy Day on Friday, March 1
- Spring Break Academy Kick Off Party on Friday, March 1
Coming Up: Alta Vista Family Picnic on Friday, March 8; March Madness Book Challenge
Dr. Seuss Day
This will be a HOUSE BUDDY Day so please get with your house about plans. Email Mrs. Helton ASAP if you need any materials. There are lots of great things you can use in the Makerspace-you just have to ask.
From Your Captain
Thank you for all your hard work to make Seas the Night a great success. We had a good turnout, especially for such a cold rainy evening, and our families were enjoying themselves very much. Special thanks to Ms. Broughton for organizing our music program.
We will be using the lab for the next month as we do Interim, TELPAS, and STAAR practice testing. We appreciate your flexibility.
504 & RtI
Mrs. Helton will be finalizing STAAR accommodations (Gr 4 Writing & Gr 5 Math/Reading) for RtI students by Friday, March 8. You will receive an email before then to verify.
Please reinforce our MOST IMPORTANT SCHOOL AGREEMENT: Be Safe! My job it to keep you safe and your job is to keep the school safe.
Click HERE for the February Morning Meeting plans. Email Helton with your class videos!
Check out March Morning Meeting plans HERE. We will be focusing on Problem Solving.
Staff Members of the Week!
Congratulations Ms. Britt for being our Teacher of the Week for organizing students to create beautiful space-themed artwork for our hallways.
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK
Coping Skills Toolkit
As a Conscious Discipline campus, we are committed to having a Safe Place in every classroom. Use the attached document for ideas on how to make your Safe Place a more effective area for students to cope with their "big" emotions.
You can view the lesson HERE.