October 16th-30th: SHS Clothing Drive
October 16th: End of 1st Quarter/Silver Classes
October 18th-24th: Weld RE-4 Foundation Support Our Schools Event
October 19th: Beginning of 2nd Quarter/Navy Classes
October 19th: AP Test Registration Opens
October 19th/20th: SPIRIT WEEK: CLASS COLOR DAY
October 19th-December 4th: Credit Recovery Courses begin
October 21st: Asynchronous Day
October 22nd/23rd: SPIRIT WEEK: BLAST FROM THE PAST
October 24th: SHS Cornhole Tournament
October 26th/27th: SPIRIT WEEK: COLLEGE DAY
October 29th/30th: SPIRIT WEEK: HALLOWEEN COSTUME
November 16th-19th: FFA Online Auction: Program and Classroom Fundraiser
2nd Quarter begins Monday--NAVY Classes
- Students will have NAVY classes beginning on Monday, October 19th. Please check our campus portal for students' schedules.
- Student lunch schedules may have changed! If the students Navy 3 (period 6) class is on the 1st floor or PE you will have first lunch at 11:40-12:20. If the students Navy 3 (period 6) class is on the 2nd floor or music or drama or Ag or Construction, you will have second lunch at 1:05-1:45
- Monday, October 19th: Group A students are in person ONLY, Group B students are off
- Tuesday, October 20th: Group B students are in person ONLY, Group A students off
- Wednesday, October 21st: Asynchronous Day: All Students are required to complete coursework but no virtual meetings will take place. Teacher's will be available via email
- Thursday, October 22nd: Group A students are in person, Group B students are hybrid
- Friday, October 23rd: Group B students are in person, Group A students are hybrid
CONGRATULATIONS to our Cross Country Team for qualifying one runner for STATE! Best of luck running at STATE on October 17th in Colorado Springs!
Live Stream the 10/16 HOME Football Game:
For those that are unable to attend in person, we will be live streaming the game. There is a nominal fee for the service. You can access the live stream here.
Click HERE to review In Person Spectator expectations at home football games
- Due to postponed and recently added athletic events, please refer to the Calendar at severanceathletics.com for up to date sports schedules. Sign up for Alerts for individual sports to receive updated information including cancellations and postponements.
If you have athletic questions contact:
Casey Yahn, SHS Athletic Secretary
SHS Cornhole Tournament
WHAT: Cornhole Tournament
WHERE: SHS Stadium Field
WHEN: Saturday, October 24th, 12:00 PM
HOW MUCH: $20/person or $40/Team
Order directly ONLINE!
New items purchased directly through:
CLEARANCE ITEMS ARE STILL AVAILABLE CALL THE SHS OFFICE FOR DETAILS!
SHS-Family Holiday Needs/asistencia durante las fiestas
The holiday season is just around the corner and this year SHS will be partnering with local non-profit agencies to help support those in need. If your family is going through a difficult time financially and may need support or resources this holiday season, please let us know. You can either fill out this Google Form for Holiday Support or email/call your student’s counselor:
Amanda LePage (10th and 11th-grade Counselor) firstname.lastname@example.org 970-833-7127
Shallane Mullison (9th-grade Counselor) email@example.com 970-833-7123
Please note the deadlines:
Christmas resources-November 17th
Please do not hesitate to reach out for further information on other resources we have available. (Examples- school supplies, day to day food or supplies, low-cost internet, etc.). We are here to support our students and families.
La temporada navideña está a la vuelta de la esquina y este año SHS se asociará con agencias locales sin fines de lucro para ayudar a los necesitados. Si su familia está pasando por un momento económico difícil y necesita apoyo o recursos en esta temporada de vacaciones, déjenos saber. Puede completar este formulario de Google para asistencia durante las fiestas o enviar un correo electrónico o llamar a la consejera de su estudiante.
Tenga en cuenta que los plazos:
Recursos navideños-17 de noviembre
Por favor pidenos información sobre otros recursos que tenemos disponibles. (Ejemplos: útiles escolares, alimentos o suministros diarios, Internet de bajo costo, etc.). Estamos aquí para apoyar a nuestros estudiantes y familias.
DID YOU LOSE SOMETHING?
Germany is called the “Country of Poets and Thinkers”. It is also a country, however, where people take care of each other. If you are at a park in Germany, or anywhere near a tree, and you see something hanging at its lowest branches, this item has been lost by someone. If a German local finds something, they locate the nearest tree and hang or skewer it there so that the item’s owner can find it easier when he or she retrace his or her steps. In other European countries, the cultural norm of the people is always to keep lost things to themselves. Not in Germany! Even thieves only take the essentials and leave IDs and the empty wallet in trees where the owner will find them. The Germans are known for their love of “Ordnung”(order) and now you know that honesty is a German trait as well. When you find that lost glove lying on the ground this winter, pick it up and hang it in a tree. You never know! Bis nächste Woche!
Does your son or daughter want to be a youth apprentice with Tolmar, the pharmaceutical company based in Windsor and Fort Collins?
Tolmar is hiring two Manufacturing Technician Apprentices with the below qualifications:
*Junior or Senior, must be 16 years old by Jan. 2021
* Must be able to commit to 3 years
* Must be able to work 16 hours per week to start
* Based in Windsor, CO
* $13.25 per hour to start
* Background check and drug test required
* MSSC modules through FRCC paid for
Completed application must be submitted by October 23 for consideration.
Full job description:
Start an application: https://careerwisecolorado.force.com/s/login/SelfRegister?language=en_US
Here is a two-minute video of the CareerWise Colorado program:
Meet Margaret, an alumni of CareerWise and former Nordson Medical apprentice: https://youtu.be/lBOYjV7BWK0
Meet Brittany and her parents:
If interested or would like more information, please contact:
Michelle Smith, Weld RE-4 Community Partnerships Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph: 970-686-8013
1200 Hidden Valley Pkwy, Severance, CO 80550
School Hours: 8:40 am - 3:50 pm
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
ATTENDANCE: 970-833-7105 (Blue Pass)
Severance High School Website
Severance High School Athletics Website
Facebook - Severance High School
NEW: Instagram - uknightedshs
Twitter - @UKnightedSHS