2021-2022 - June Summer Edition
From The Principal
We all deserve sweet treats in this Summer Heat!
Are we melting yet? Where was this warmth in our Iceageddon?
Hope your summer is off to a wonderful start. The building is very quiet with just me at Collins - but there is lots of work and planning going on to prepare for the 2021-2022 school year.
We are excited to share the news that Collins has a new Assistant Principal!
Please help me welcome
Mrs. Cucinotta is a former Collins Cobra and a graduate of College Park High School (Awwww CP).
She has been an educator for 10 years and comes to Collins from Bradley Elementary.
She can't wait to meet our amazing Collins children and families.
We wish Mr. Barnhart all the best as he moves to Conroe High School to serve as an AP for the Conroe Tigers!
Wishing you a wonderful end to June. Another Collins Cadence will head your way in July with lots more information about the start up of the school year.
Wishing you all the best,
Sunday, June 27th
- Last Day To Order Collins School Supplies
- InfoSnap - all parents complete process on line as early as possible
Monday, July 26th - Wednesday, July 28th
- Collins Choir Camp 9 AM - 1 PM (more information included below)
Thursday, July 29th
- Incoming 5th Grade Orientation Last Name A - H
Monday, August 2nd
- Incoming 5th Grade Orientation Last Name I - P
Tuesday, August 3rd
- Incoming 5th Grade Orientation Last Name Q - Z
Thursday, August 5th
- 6th Grade Meet the Teacher 5:00 - 7:00 PM (Come and Go Event)
Monday, August 9th
- 5th Grade Meet the Teacher 5:00 - 7:00 PM (Come and Go Event)
Wednesday, August 11th
- First Day of School
Friday, August 13th
- Robotics Application Due (more information included below)
Thursday, August 26th
- 5th Grade Parent Information Night 6:00 - 6:45 PM
- 6th Grade Parent Information Night 7:10 - 7:55 PM
Monday, September 6th
- Labor Day - School Holiday
Thursday, September 9th
- Collins Individual Student Pictures (for Yearbook)
- College Park High School Homecoming Game
Wednesday, September 22nd
- Read for a Better Life
Thursday, October 7th
- End of First Grading Period
Friday, October 8th and Monday, October 11th
- Student Holiday
Thursday, October 28th
- Class Pictures & Yearbook Picture Make-Up/Re-Take
Monday, November 11th - Friday, November 26th
- Thanksgiving Break
Friday, December 17th
- Student Early Dismissal
- Last Day of Second Grading Period
Monday, December 20th - Tuesday, January 4th
- Winter Break
Wednesday, January 5th
- First Day of the Second Semester
Monday, January 17th
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - School Holiday
Thursday, January 28th
- Club and Group Picture Day
- Spring Individual Picture Day
Friday, February 18th - Monday, February 21st
- Student Holiday (President's Day 2/21/22)
Thursday, March 10th
- End of Third Grading Period
Tuesday, April 5th
- 5th STAAR Math
Wednesday, April 6th
- 5th STAAR Reading
Thursday, April 7th - Friday, April 8th
- 5th Grade STAAR Make-Up Testing Days
Friday, March 11th - Friday, March 18th
- Spring Break
Friday, April 15th - Monday, April 18th
- School Holiday
Tuesday, May 10th
- 6th STAAR Math
- 5th STAAR Math Retest
Wednesday, May 11th
- 6th STAAR Reading
- 5th STAAR Reading Retest
Thursday, May 12th
- 5th STAAR Science
- 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Friday, May 13th
- 5th and 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Thursday, May 26th
- Last Day of School - Student Early Dismissal
- End of Fourth Grading Period
Summer Office Hours
- We have also ordered Collins Spirit Shirts which will be available on Membership Toolkit for purchase soon.
- Shirts price will be announced soon. and will be delivered to your child’s classroom periodically (depending on how many are ordered in a given window)
Student Planners 5th Grade Only
- Only our 5th Grade will be using the Official Collins School Planner
- Planners are also available for purchase and are $5.
- If you bought school supplies through EPI, you DO NOT need to purchase a planner.
- Planners will be delivered to your child at a later date.
- Lastly, while on Toolkit, you can also join the PTO.
- The funds from membership dues go directly to support our students and staff with items such as Chromebooks, software licensing, staff development, musical instruments, PE equipment, staff appreciation meals, and more.
Please see the link below to order items through Membership Toolkit. When you first get on toolkit, please remember to assign the homeroom teacher for your student(s). This will make delivery of items easier and faster. If you have any problems in Membership Toolkit, please contact the Membership Toolkit Chair at CollinsPTOToolkit@gmail.com .
Stay tuned for more PTO information and updates to come!
Order your student's school supplies for the 2021-2022 school year today!
CODE: COL006 (3 letters/3 numbers)
Deadline to order is June 27th!
Each pack is customized to the teachers of Collins Intermediate, and will be delivered to your child's classroom.
Sales tax will be applied at checkout.
Please keep your confirmation as your receipt. Thank you!
Please remember to order NEXT year's grade level for your student.
TO SUBMIT REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE, EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include: Your name, address, and phone number Requests Accepted: June 1st – June 29th
A Reminder About Dress Code
As you begin to make clothing purchases for school this coming year, please keep these items in mind. This is not the full dress code - but should assist you with summer shopping.
- Spandex clothing, yoga pants and leggings are to be worn under other outerwear that cover the mid part of the body and approach the knee.
- Halter-tops, muscle shirts, and spaghetti-straps tops are not permitted unless covered by another shirt.
- Midriff shirts, or shirts exposing the midsection of the body, are not permitted.
- It is suggested that Make-up/cosmetics not be worn and make-up/cosmetics will not be applied at school.
- Pants/shorts may not be worn lower than undergarments.
- Students who choose to wear shorts to school must wear them so that they approach a student's knees.
- Flip flops may not be worn during P.E. classes.
- Dresses, skirts and shorts should be of appropriate length (approach a student's knees) and tights should accompany shorter dresses, skirts or shorts.
Library Summer Reading
- The day of the Meet and Greet you will receive a welcome email from your child's homeroom teacher.
- When you and your child arrive to the event you will visit your child’s Learning Community and meet their homeroom teacher.
- School supplies (if ordered on-line) will be in the homeroom class along with a daily schedule. PTO will be available to answer questions about PTO membership, Friends of Collins, and on-line Spirit Wear sales for the upcoming school year.
- Fine Arts and PE teachers will be present to answer questions you may have about those programs.
- If you are unable to attend, your child will receive everything he or she needs on the first day of school. We are very excited about the new school year and looking forward to meeting you and your child.
Our 2021-2022 student orientation information is as follows:
New student orientation will be on Monday, August 2 with the following grades and times:
8th Grade: 9:00-12:00
7th Grade: 1:00-4:00
If you are not able to attend, please know we have a plan to address all students the first day of school.
Details on this and much more will be sent in the next few weeks.
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:30 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:35 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.