HYMAN FINE NEWS FLASH
January 28, 2023
Dear Hyman Fine Families,
It is so hard for me to imagine making it through January without snow impact on our learning. If you haven't done so already please be sure to downloaded the APS App, this is one way you'll find out about delays and cancellations. Directions at the bottom of this newsletter.
Valentine's Day Classroom Celebrations - Classrooms may celebrate Valentine's Day. In keeping with the HFES food and allergy policies we ask you please do do not send in candy.
Winter Season: With the cold weather upon us, please make sure your child is is properly dressed for outdoor recess. Also, please make sure your child has a ChapStick/lip balm in their backpack, as chapped lips are abundant during this time.
30 – February 3: Book Fair - Please find the class schedule below.
1 - Bingo Night
3 - HAWK HERO ASSEMBLY
Have a great week,
PTO - Update
PTO Announcements & Updates:
The PTO is seeking donations of snacks and waters for BINGO night on Wednesday. All donations should be turned into the office by Tuesday 1/30.
1) As we near the mid-point of the school year, our classrooms are in need of several supplies! Pencils, crayons, glue sticks and dry erase markers would be most appreciated. Please help us restock by reviewing the Sign Up and selecting items to donate. Donations can be delivered to the office until February 3rd. Donations can also be shipped to: Hyman Fine Elementary School PTO, 790 Oakhill Avenue, Attleboro, MA 02703.
2) We are also collecting snack and water donations for Bingo Night. Sign Up to donate. Donations can be delivered to the office by Monday, January 30th.
3) Super Bowl TV Raffle! Flyer and tickets were sent home in folders. Tickets are $2/each. All raffle tickets & money need to be returned to Hyman Fine by February 9th. Please include your child's name and grade on an envelope when returning money & raffle tickets. Checks payable to Hyman Fine PTO.
Prizes will be awarded to top sellers in each grade. Raffle drawing will be held on February 9th. Winner will be notified by phone. Proceeds will support student field trips and in-school enrichment activities!
4) The PTO is in need of volunteers to assist with the organization of several events, including the Someone Special Dance and Teacher Appreciation Week. Please sign up to volunteer.
1) January 30 – February 3: Book Fair
2) February 1: Bingo Night
3) March 24: Someone Special Dance
Next PTO Meeting: February 9, 6:00pm, Virtual via Zoom; link to be shared closer to the date of the meeting.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hymanfineelementaryschoolpto where you can find updates on all PTO events, meetings, fundraisers, HF spirit wear, and school related information.
2022 - 2023 PTO Board Members:
Co-Presidents: Jenn Rosa and Ben Chalot
Vice President: Ashley Niland
Co-Secretaries: Bonnie Standring and Michelle Lewin
Co-Treasurers: Denise Desrosiers and Kelli Costa
APS Welcome Center & Community Flyers
APS Welcome Center
All APS Community Fliers can be found within the Welcome Center website. To view this week’s fliers, including information from throughout Attleboro please visit the Welcome Center webpage or click here for current fliers.
FYI - 2022 - 2023 MCAS DATES
2022-2023 MCAS DATES
Families with students in grades 3 and 4 - please note the dates below.ELA:
Grade 4 - April 3,4
Grade 3 - April 5,6
Grade 4 - May 8, 9
Grade 3 - May 10, 11
Rooms Communication App
You may notice that an additional button, called Rooms, will be visible at the bottom right of our Attleboro Public Schools mobile app. This button is part of our integrated system of communication and will allow for your child’s teachers/coaches/and other staff to share detailed information (assignments, special events, practice schedules, etc.). More information is forthcoming.
In addition to downloading the app, guardians will need to set up their accounts. This can be done by going to the link contained in the email sent to all guardians yesterday (and following the directions)
If you haven’t already done so, please download the APS app designed for mobile devices.
Download for Android - Android
Download for iPhone - Apple/Iphone