Naiades Oncology Rowing
Cancer Survivors Rowing for Recovery
Happy New Year from Naiades Oncology Rowing!
We also hope you enjoy our publications!
We would love to hear from you as we value your opinion, thoughts and ideas.
When finished reading, please take a moment to complete this short survey and let us know how we are doing: SURVEY
What Lies Ahead for Rowing in 2021
A Special Thanks for Keeping Us On Track
Going forward January through March 2021, we plan to do zoom workouts until the warm weather and then do outdoor erging, walks and kayaking etc. when possible. We hope to be rowing in the water by summer but will keep you informed. Our workout program, calendar and contact information can be found here:
Get Ready to Meet the Challenge
Get out your mats, chairs and weights.
Each week we will have a challenge which will be announced on our Tuesday zoom call. There will be an exercise challenge and a yoga challenge. This challenge will be sent out by Alyssa or Sheila each week.
The idea of these challenges are to get everyone moving their body, even if it’s not on our weekly zoom. If you are on Facebook, we’d love to see photos in our group of you completing the challenge, or even just post about how it’s going!
For Example Challenge Number 1!:
Week 1/12 - 1/19
10 squats a day and a chair pose once a day!
Here’s a quick 2 min video to reference on how we want to be squatting so we are targeting the right muscles and not hurting ourselves.
Here is a quick video refresher on chair pose.
Welcome Our New Board Member
Open Board Seat for Secretary of the Board
Please send your note of interest to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and/or a statement describing your interest and qualifications. We appreciate the effort of our volunteer Board members and look forward to adding another volunteer to our Board. Thank you!
Another Thoughtful Way to Make A Loving Tribute
Browse Our Naiades Oncology Rowing Website & Facebook Page for Current and Future Information!
Learning to row is hard work, yet a rewarding and FUN sport! Take a look at our info below:
- Brochure: http://www.naiadesoncologyrowing.com/about.html
Website www.naiadesoncologyrowing.com/ Home Page
Why Come Row with Us??? because we are about:
- Offering programs that appeal to individuals with all levels of rowing experience.
- Rowing with others who have faced the challenges of cancer.
- Having coaches who understand the uniqueness of our team and coach to our mission/goals.
- Your setting and accomplishing your own personal and team goals.
- Promoting an amazing and healing environment, leaving cancer behind one stroke at a time.
- Getting involved in Regattas as a fun way to work together to get to the finish line demonstrating progress in recovery.
- Offering accommodations for many post-treatment limitations.
- The water is magical, healing and enchanting, releasing your mind to a bigger purpose within nature.
So Please Come Join Us for our future events!
This Month's Quote to Live By:
“Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.”