Digital history flyer
1.the first transcontinental railroad- may 1869 the railroad was finished making it easier to move cattle and goods also for people to move across country.
2.The invention of the light bulb- 1879 Thomas Edison developed the first electric light bulb this made work places much safer and the streets brighter all the way up until today we still use this invention.
3.The automobile- January 29 1886 the fist gas powered automobile was created and started into production in 1888 later henry ford came up with the automobile t which revolutionized the country we still use the base of his ideas today.
Immigration really started to build the population in America ,after the industrialization era, growing the economy and need for jobs. there were a lot of big impacts on America during this time but there were a few major points.
1. in 1910: Angel Island Immigration Station opens in San Francisco Bay to process and deport mainly Asian immigrants.
2.1943: Because of the wartime alliance with china, the
Chinese Exclusion Act is repealed. This change allows the first legal immigration from China to the U.S. in 60 years, grants the right of naturalization; however the quota of immigrants per year is only 105. By the end of the 1940s, all restrictions on Asians acquiring U.S. citizenship are abolished.
3. 1892: Ellis Island opens in New York harbor that processes over 12 million immigrants, mainly Europeans over the next 30 years.
Urbanization was very big many people were moving from the country into the cities. increasing population made it hard but people wanted factory work instead of agriculture work.
1. New transportation systems were developed to relieve congestion.
2. A new style of building, the skyscraper, was introduced and made possible by cheap steel and the invention of elevators.
3. Museums and libraries were established in the cities.
Progressivism in the us is known as a reform movement that reached its height early in the 20th century and its considered to be middle class and reformist in nature. It arose as a response to the amount of changes from modernization, such as the growth of large corporations, railroads, and fears of corruption in American politics
1. Women's suffrage movement to establish the right to vote for women
2. Regulation of large corporations and monopolies
3. Child labor laws were enacted to prevent the overuse of children in emerging industries
Imperialism is a type of advocacy of empire. Imperialism has greatly shaped the contemporary world
1. Spanish American war
2. the annexation of Hawaii
3. panama canal
World war one
World war one was known as the great war world war one was a global war centered in Europe that began on 28 July 1914 and lasted until 11 November 1918. there are 3 very important dates in ww1 they started and ended the war.
1. Archduke Assassination
Archduke Franz Ferdinand is assassinated in Sarajevo. His death is the event that sparks World War I.
2. Lusitania Sinks
A German submarine sinks the passenger liner Lusitania. The ship carries 1,198 people, 128 of them Americans.
3. U.S. Enters War
Congress authorizes a declaration of war against Germany. The United States enters World War I on the side of France and Britain.