Need Help with the FAFSA?
Virtual College Fair
- EducationQuest will host a Virtual College Fair on Wednesday, Nov. 10. Talk to college reps and watch live college-prep sessions.
- Visit at least 5 college booths for a chance to win a $500 scholarship!
- Register TODAY for this free event. If you previously registered for October's Virtual College Fair there's no need to re-register.
- Find all the details here.
UNL Recognizes Big Red Stars
Congratulations to Sidney and Naile who were recently recognized by the University of Nebraska Lincoln as Big Red Stars for the excellence they demonstrated throughout their 8th grade year.
SUSAN T. BUFFETT SCHOLARSHIP- Now Open!
The award amount varies based on the school in which you enroll. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see award amounts at various schools: Award Amounts
The application opens November 1st and closes February 1st at 5:00pm
ELK'S MOST VALUABLE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
The application closes November, 15th at 11:59 pm.
Upcoming Scholarship Deadlines @ UNL
See more information about these scholarships on UNL's Scholarship page.
Nebraska Career Scholarship
- Awarded to Nebraska residents who have demonstrated academic excellence and are admitted to degree programs in certain high wage, high skill and high demand fields in engineering, mathematics, healthcare or information technology.
Recipients are awarded $8,000 for the academic year ($4,000/semester) for up to four years, not including summers
- The application closes November 15th.
UNL Honors Program
- Applications are due to the Honors Program by November 15th.
Upcoming Scholarship Deadlines @ WSC: due December 1st
See more information about these scholarships on WSC's Scholarship page.
Neihardt Scholars Program
- Full tuition, room waiver, and $500 stipend.
- 25 ACT and 3.5 GPA to apply
- Full tuition, 1/2 housing
- 30 ACT to apply
- Full tuition
- 25 ACT to apply
- Room Waiver
- For students active is HS leadership
- Must be a new freshmen and committed to remain in Northeast Nebraska. Must pursue one of the eligible degree programs in the fields of business administration, information technology, mass communication, or industrial technology.
Full tuition while students are enrolled at WSC.* Automatic acceptance to UNMC.
For students from rural areas of Nebraska who demonstrate academic potential and a desire to practice medical laboratory science, dental hygiene, dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant, or radiography in rural Nebraska.
Full tuition while students are enrolled at WSC.* Automatic acceptance to University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law.
Upcoming Scholarship Deadlines @ UNK
See more information about these scholarships on UNK's Scholarship page.
Kearney Law Opportunities Program (KLOP)
- Full tuition
- 27 ACT, 3.5 GPA
- Full tuition
- 23 ACT
Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship
- The Cooke College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation's best four-year colleges and universities.
The application closes November 18th.
The Hagan Scholarship
The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship designed to help rural students graduate college debt-free. It will help pay the unmet financial need of the recipient, up to $6,000 each semester for up to 8 consecutive semesters.
- Applicants must work 240 hours prior to fall semester college enrollment.
- Must provide the FAFSA SAR showing the EFC. Must be Pell Grant eligible.
- Must have a 3.75 GPA
The application closes December 1st.
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION ON these SCHOLARSHIPS and others?
1. Check the website schools you are applying to. All colleges have a scholarship application that can be filled out after applying. Be on the look out for some scholarships that may require a separate application or essay.
2. Check the Scholarship List. Mrs. Reese updates the scholarship list as new scholarships are announced.
3. Use online sources. The following websites are useful when searching for scholarships.