Ms. Missy's Messenger
What's up in the Community Classroom?
November 16 - November 24, 2015
Fruits and Vegetables
Related Theme Books
- Growing Vegetable Soup, by Lois Ehlert
- At the Supermarket, by Anne Rockwell
- I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato, by Lauren Child
- Blueberries for Sal, by Robert McCloskey
- Baby Food, by Saxton Freymann
- Rainbow Stew, by Cathryn Falwell
- Muncha! Muncha! Muncha!, by Candice Fleming
Ms. Stephie's Speech Spot
Hello Speech Families! Hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weekend and spending time with family. The next week and a half we will be talking about fruits and vegetables, eating healthy, and thinking about what makes us happy and thankful. We will practice sorting and categorizing fruits and vegetables to make fruit salad and vegetable soup, use our Feely Box to guess with our hands if we our touching a fruit or vegetable, make a fun book that allows us to practice spatial concepts placing vegetables around a grocery cart, and making a classroom turkey with feathers that make us feel happy and thankful. As always, please check your child's daily folder for my speech sheet that includes specific activities completed during small and large group instruction. Take care and have a safe and relaxing holiday break!
HSE Illness Policy
- If your child will not be riding the bus, please contact transportation prior to school to let them know at 594-4117.
- Please check your child's notebook daily for important information and/or artwork that is being sent home.
- If you have not already sent in an extra change of clothes for your child, please do so as soon as possible.
- We go outside every day, if the weather permits. Please make sure to dress your child appropriately for the weather.