Colrain Central School News
Together we can do so much!
Sept. 3, 2021
News & Announcements
- Your child will be bringing home a free/reduced lunch application today. The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has requested that the USDA extend free meals for all students for the entire school year. Therefore, families should still submit a household application to determine eligibility for free and reduced price school meals. This will also allow students to qualify for any additional benefits and ensure a seamless transition when schools move back to a paid program. Please complete the application and return it to school as soon as possible. Many grants and other financial support is based on the percentage of eligible students in a school so it's critical that everyone return the form, even though school meals are free for all this year.
- If you have not yet done so, please return your registration forms to the office as soon as possible. We need to make sure all information on file is current.
- Thank you to all who clarified your child's dismissal procedures with us. Yesterday was much smoother and we are feeling much better about what students are doing after school. Please check in with Ms. White in the front office if you have any questions.
- Our Afterschool Program will be starting on Monday, Sept. 13th. Please check your email for registration information. I will be sending that out later today.
- The fall mum fundraiser is underway. The mums are coming from Mill River Farm. They are $5.50 each or 3/$15. Available colors are: yellow, white, red, rust/orange, and purple. Orders are due on Friday, Sept. 17th. The mums will be available for pick up on Wednesday, Sept. 22nd.
- The Harvest Fair will be held on Thursday, Sept. 16th. More information to come.
- The next PTO meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 7th at 5:30.
Breakfast and Lunch
We are pleased to let you all know that the federal government has approved the extension of free meals for all students, regardless of family income, for the 2021-2022 school year. Each morning, any student who wants to eat school breakfast can go to the cafeteria to get a "grab & go" breakfast and eat it out at the picnic table during Meet & Greet. The breakfast menu will remain the same each week.
The September lunch menu is pictured below. Students wishing to have school lunch will sign up in their classrooms each morning.