Italian historian, politician, philosopher, humanist
Born: May 3, 1469
Died: May 22, 1527
Italian Statesman and Author
- Niccolo's parents are Bernardo and Bartolomea, and had three other siblings two sisters and one brother.
- Bernardo his dad was lawyer and a small landowner with a small salary. Niccolo's education started at the age of 7.
- In 1498 Machiavelli was named chancellor (secretary to a nobleman,prince, or king) and secretary of the second chancellery.his duties consisted of chiefly carrying out the policy decisions of others, writing diplomatic letters, reading and writing reports, and taking notes.
- In 1502 Machiavelli married Marietta Corsini, who bore him four sons and two daughters
- Wrote a book called The Prince
- Quote from Machiavelli "He who wishes to be obeyed must know how to command"