News from the Holy Rosary/Juan Diego Community
Message from the Principal: April 5th
We are about to enter Holy Week. This is a special time when the period of sacrifice (Lent) prepares to give birth to new life and new hope (Easter). This year, it is especially interesting because Holy Week will be the beginning of our construction project. Our school has been through its challenges in recent years and we are about to embark on this exciting new time of growth and expansion. An elevator will mean not only greater accessibility for our students and families, it will also mean a more lively community as we connect at a deeper level with the Parish community. Bathrooms on the 3rd floor will not only be a blessing for the students while they are in the auditorium, it will also make life so much nicer during events such as the upcoming Spring Fling. The middle school has settled in nicely to the modular building and are making it their new home...and the students seem to love their "independence". So, as we enter the final stages of Lent and prepare to welcome the hope of new life at Easter time, we can see it in real time through the remarkable and exciting changes in our school. Please pray for a successful construction project!
Have a wonderful week!
- NOON DISMISSAL TODAY! Extended Care is available.
- All school mass at 9 am (6th grade in charge)
- Spirit Gear - Holy Rosary/Juan Diego Spirit Shirt or Sweatshirt and Jeans ONLY!
- Spring Fling in the auditorium from 5 - 8 pm (see below for more details)
- Good Friday (Fri, April 14th) is a noon dismissal day and there is NO Extended Care.
Pre-K Door Decorations!
- Mr. Downing, Mr. Farias, Mr. Ivan, and the Middle School Students for moving their classrooms!
- Our MANY helpers in the kitchen!!
- Lisa Blackmore, our extraordinary volunteer photographer and art teacher!
- Mary Jane Long and Patricia Moore, our weekly classroom volunteers.
- Dr. Jose and Linsey Mendoza and Claudia Klein for the adorable Pre-K door decorations!
- Spring Fling - Decorating, selling tickets at the door, manning the popcorn station, serving in the kitchen, and monitoring the halls. Please contact Shannon Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 290-3934
- Gala - Setting up for the event at Holy Cross Parish Hall on Friday, May 5th from 3:00 - 8:00 pm. We will continue set-up on Saturday, the 6th from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. We will also need assistance with clean-up Saturday evening, starting at 9:00 pm. All items will need to be cleared, packed-up, and returned to the school that evening. Contact Sarah at email@example.com.
Remember, any unfulfilled volunteer hours will be billed out to families in May!
Development Desk: Gala
Holy Rosary Gala
In this week's communication folder you will see a flyer advertising the Gala. If you are not able to attend but are able to donate, please see the donation flyer or you can access the link on our web page (hrrsjda.org), click on the “Donate Now” button and select “Tuition Assistance” from the drop-down menu. ALL donations to tuition assistance will be DOUBLED by some special donors. No donation is too small. If you are interested in sponsoring, purchasing tickets, or want to be of assistance with this event, please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are still in need of family volunteer hours, we have them available! The volunteer schedule for the Gala includes setting up for the event at Holy Cross Parish Hall on Friday, May 5th from 3:00 - 8:00 pm. We will continue set-up on Saturday, the 6th from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. We will also need assistance with clean-up Saturday evening, starting at 9:00 pm. All items will need to be cleared, packed-up, and returned to the school that evening.
Dress Code Changes for April - June
- Students may wear shorts for the remainder of the year (April - June). These are navy blue, dress code appropriate, knee length, uniform shorts.
- Boots may NO LONGER be worn for the remainder of the school year. These are permitted in the winter only.