Life on the Prairie
September 1, 2023
9/4 . . . Labor Day . . . no school
9/12 . . . PTO meeting in LMC . . . 9:15am
9/12 . . . 6th Grade Back to School Night . . . 6:00-7:30
9/13 . . . 7th and 8th Grade Back to School Night . . . 6:00-7:30
9/15 . . . 6th Grade Party on the Prairie . . . after school until 5:00
9/19 & 9/20 . . . MAP testing
News You Can Use
Be Kind to Our Neighbors
The staff at the ELC have asked that our parents take extra care and drive slowly through their parking lot.
Further, we have been asked to communicate that pick up and drop off at Pershing Court and Peterson Court are not allowed. These are the entrances to the small subdivision right around the corner off of South Grove Avenue. Please utilize the school for these procedures.
Communicating with Your Student During the School Day
You can send your student a message via the Schoology messaging platform. For help setting up your parent Schoology account, please click here. You can also reach out to our Library Technology Assistants at: 847-756-2660.
Students also have school-issued email accounts. Their addresses are set up thus: email@example.com. Usernames are typically in the first initial, last name format. Your student should be able to share their username with you.
Alternatively, you can call the main office at: 847-304-3990 and we can pass the message along.
We want you to feel comfortable asking your questions.
This guidebook serves as a resource for you to get answers. You can always contact us at Prairie at 847.304.3990. The District Communications Office can provide additional assistance at 847.842.3543.
6th Grade Party on the Prairie
Volunteers and donations are needed to make this a success. Please sign up if you are able to assist.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
D220 Family School Liaison
Barrington 220 offers services from a Family School Liaison (FSL). Ruth Estrada is the liaison for our district and can help and support you if you need to find ways to resolve any issues that may be hindering your child's success in school. She makes sure you understand what you can do to get involved, stay informed, share information, and help you so that you can be the best support system for your child to be their best selves.
Below are examples of services our district Family School Liaison may provide, including but not limited to:
- 1:1 assistance with navigating district platforms, apps, etc.
- Support in crisis situations (emotional, physical and academic).
- Access to community resources such as food and health services.
- Discuss some of the ways in which you can become more involved in your child(ren)s education.
- Provide informational workshops.
- Answer any questions you may have about the rules and regulations of the school.
- Help set up meetings between you and your child's teachers and/or school administration so that important information about your child is shared and understood.
- Upon request, they will accompany you to a parent conference or other important meetings at school to help clarify information about your child or of a situation at home.
- They will find out who to call or where to go for help or special services for your child or family.
If you have any questions or need help, you can contact Ruth Estrada by phone at 847-842-3565, by text at 224-363-3498, or by email at email@example.com.
Picture Order Information
To view and order photos from Picture Day: You’ll receive an email when your images are ready to view online. Or, you can search for them at vipis.com shortly after photos are taken. If you need further assistance, contact VIP at firstname.lastname@example.org.