MSD Community Update for Feb. 13
Board of Education Vacancy
Coming Up for Manville Schools
Manville Goes Abroad Information Session
Students, and their parents, are invited to an information session on February 16 at 6 p.m. about Manville Goes Abroad's upcoming trips. Register for the online meeting here.
- 2023: Spain and Portugal. 10 days, current MHS students eligible
- 2024: Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. 9 days, current grade 8 through 11 students eligible
- 2025: Tour of Italy - Florence, Venice and Rome. 8 days, current grade 7 through 10 students eligible
Strategic Planning Initiative
The Board of Education invites you to participate in their Strategic Planning Initiative, Preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s world! Strategic Planning meetings will take place on February 22, and March 8 at 6:30 p.m. in the high school cafeteria, where dinner will be provided. Registration is required and participation in any of the meetings is greatly appreciated.
February 20–21 No School, President's Day Break
February 28 at 7 p.m. Board of Education Meeting
Follow Our Schools on Social Media
Community Events and News
Middle Earth Outback Fundraiser
Middle Earth is hosting a fundraiser at Outback Steakhouse in Green Brook on February 14 and 28. Dine in or take out and show this flyer and 18% of your check will support Middle Earth.
RACE to be Human Documentary
ShareFair Community Resource Fair
Princeton Justice Initiative, in partnership with AmeriCorps Seniors, invite you to the ShareFair Community Resource Fair on February 25 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Manville-Hillsborough Elks. There you’ll be able to access community resources, vaccines, pro bono civil legal advice, online search help, and more.
The Manville Food Pantry will be open the second Saturday of each month at the Faith in Action Church at 228 S. Main Street. Please make sure to bring your ID and a bag.
Feeding Hands is also offering assistance the fourth Saturday of each month at Emmanuel Baptist Church, 34 South Third Avenue. See the flyer for dates and more details.
Tricky Tray Volunteers Needed
The Roosevelt PTA is looking for member volunteers for their upcoming Tricky Tray fundraiser in May. Help is needed with
- Reaching out to community businesses in town and in the surrounding towns for donations
- Putting together baskets from all the donations received
- Day of Event activities such as set up/clean up, decorating, manning ticket sales tables, 50/50 raffle
- Suggestions for caterers
- Suggestions for door prizes
- And more
Since this is a PTA event, you must be a PTA member to volunteer. Reach out to them at Rooseveltpta410@gmail.com with any questions.
Recreation Spring Sports Registration
Registration for Manville Recreation’s spring sports is now open. Programs include
- Instructional soccer for ages 4 to 6
- 1st and 2nd grade soccer development training
- In-town/travel soccer for grades 3 through 8
- Softball for grades 1 through 8
- T-Ball for boys and girls ages 4 to 6
- Baseball for ages 7 to 12
Somerset County COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics
The Somerset County Department of Health has opened additional COVID-19 clinics. Visit their website for a full list of dates, times and other details.
Manville School District is looking for substitutes. Pay is $140/day. See more details and apply here.