HFRCS Newsletter SY 2022-2023
January 24, 2023 - Vol.2 Issue 21
From the Principal's Office
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As we begin the buildup to Catholic Schools Week, I want to offer a few reminders for the coming week. First, we will begin our week on Sunday with attending Mass at our supporting parishes, Queen of the Universe, and St. Frances Cabrini. Our students and families are encouraged to attend Mass together at 9:00 AM at St. Frances Cabrini and at 9:30 AM at Queen of the Universe. Students should wear their winter uniform proudly as they represent our school. Following Mass, please come to our Catholic Schools Week Open House from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Come and see our school, meet our teachers and administrative staff and witness for yourself the amazing things that are happening at Holy Family! Please share this information with your family, neighbors and friends or anyone who is looking for an excellent educational opportunity for their children. We are always looking to grow our Holy Family “family” community!
Next week will be filled with many activities for Catholic Schools Week, our theme of which is: “Catholic Schools are SUPER! We learn! What’s your Superpower?” Our students will be using their superpower all week by learning about many things including the branches of our government and a STREAM activity – “Can you make a superhero float?” Please see the attached schedule as the students have special dress down opportunities each day that support our Superhero theme! We will conclude our week in the same way we began it – by giving praise and thanks to God during our Friday Mass. This Mass will be led by our faculty and will take place at 9:30 AM. Please join us if your schedule permits. We will have an early dismissal on Friday; 11:00 AM for our PK classes, and 11:30 AM for grades K-8. Parent pickup will be needed for those students who go ride on Neshaminy and Bensalem buses. There will be afternoon CARES.
Our Catholic Schools Week service project supports the Women’s Animal Center in Bensalem. We are looking to provide the Animal Center with supplies to sustain their work of caring for animals and finding them lifelong homes. The Women’s Animal Center is dependent upon the support of their local community. A complete list of suggested items that can be donated is in this newsletter. Thank you in advance for your support!
Finally, our school has been nominated in two categories for the 2023 Bucks Happenings; Best Elementary School and Best Preschool! Please consider voting for our school! The links are on our Facebook page and are also in this newsletter!
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Remember to go to Mass this weekend.
Catholic Schools’ Week Service Project
Women’s Animal Center
Location: 3839 Richlieu Rd, Bensalem
About The Women’s Animal Center
The Women’s Animal Center was once called The Women’s Humane Society. This is a “no-kill” animal shelter that accepts all animals found or surrendered, regardless of age, breed, size or health. They are committed to placing all healthy or medically and behaviorally treatable animals into new homes by implementing proven methods of lifesaving and rehabilitation. The Women’s Animal Center ultimately provides shelter, veterinary care, behavior training, rescue transfer and adoption services for over 3,000 animals in need each year.
The Women’s Animal Center serves approximately 10,000 patients annually in their low-cost Veterinary Hospital, with a focus on making pet ownership affordable and helping to reduce owner surrenders related to financial burden. All of the service fees raised through the Veterinary Hospital are directly reinvested into the shelter and rehoming of the stray, abandoned and abused animals in our care.
The Center also works with schools and scout programs to build a more compassionate future for animals. They receive no federal, state or local government funding, and depend upon the support, partnership and patronage of local and national communities to accomplish their animal welfare mission.
Donations Needed: (Please have your child bring any donations to school during Catholic Schools’ Week January 30th-February 3rd)
Any kind of dog/cat food that is unopened and not expired (no larger than 20lbs.)
Any kind of dog/cat treats
Towels- new and clean used
Dawn Dish Detergent
Soft Dog and Cat Treats- unopened/unexpired
Adaptil and Feliway Spray and Plug-ins
Non-Clumping Clay Cat Litter
Freedom Harnesses, all sizes
KONGS, XL and XXL
KMR Kitten Formula
Small Animal Food for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs (pellets, treats, alfalfa hay and timothy hay)
Chewable Hay Toys for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs
Leashes, 4-6 ft nylon or leather, non-retractable
Student Council Raffle Baskets
Eagles Add-On Day Jan 27 (Friday)
What is a uniform “add on” day? On an add-on day, students are permitted to wear a Philadelphia sports team jersey or t-shirt over their regular uniform shirt. Please note that an "add-on" day is not a dress-down day.
For the Eagles add-on day this Friday, students are to wear their full winter uniform and have the option to add an Eagles jersey, Eagles t-shirt, or a solid green t-shirt over their uniform. Students are also allowed to wear Eagles/green hair ribbons/bows or socks.
Super Bowl Football Pool Fundraiser
The Super Bowl is set for February 12, 2023. Although we do not know which two teams will be facing off, we are gearing up for the big game! Holy Family’s Board of Limited Jurisdiction is organizing a Super Bowl Football Pool fundraiser. Please consider supporting our school. Three pools will be offered at different price levels. Squares are available to purchase today at $25, $50, or $100. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or visit https://hfrcs.org/ways-to-give.
$25 Pool: https://www.superbowlsquares.org/25HFRCS1
$50 Pool: https://www.superbowlsquares.org/50HFRCS1
$100 Pool: https://www.superbowlsquares.org/100HFRCS1
Payment can be made by a bank account or debit card through Venmo @HFF-Advancement or by credit card through the Parish Giving link.
Payouts for each pool are as follows:
- End of 1st Quarter: 10%
- End of 2nd Quarter: 10%
- End of 3rd Quarter: 10%
- Final Game Score: 20%
If all squares are purchased for the pool, the payouts are as follows:
- $25 pool - 1st Quarter $250, 2nd Quarter $250, 3rd Quarter $250, Final $500
- $50 pool - 1st Quarter $500, 2nd Quarter $500, 3rd Quarter $500, Final $1000
- $100 pool - 1st Quarter $1000, 2nd Quarter $1000, 3rd Quarter $1000, Final $2000
Note: If all squares are not purchased, the winning amounts are based on the percentages listed above and the total amount collected for the pool.
Vote for Holy Family - Bucks County's Best!
Holy Family Regional Catholic School has been nominated for two categories in the 2023 Bucks Happenings: Best Elementary School & Best Preschool! We hope you will vote for Holy Family! Help us show Buck County the #HFDifference!
2023 Kids: Preschool : https://bucks.happeningmag.com/happeninglist/2023-kids-preschool/
2023 Everything Bucks: Elementary School : https://bucks.happeningmag.com/happeninglist/2023-everything-bucks-elementary-school/
A tax return (2021 or 2022) must be submitted with your application. Please note that FACTS charges a fee for processing and verifying applications.
Grants will be awarded in late Spring once we are notified of our available funding. Awards are based on factors such as the available funding, the number of applicants and the income eligibility of applicants.
Please review the Family Handbook for reference on outerwear (page 11) and girls' accessories/jewelry (page 43).
K-8 students have outdoor recess if the temperature/wind chill (real feel) is 32 degrees or above. Students must come to school with proper outer attire suitable for the weather.
- Hair accessories must be simple and plain. Large flowers or bows attached to headbands are not acceptable
- Jewelry such as necklaces (including choker necklaces), bracelets, and body piercing jewelry are not permitted. A small cross or religious medal is acceptable.
- One earring per ear is permitted. Hoops or dangling earrings are not permitted.
- Jan 29 (Sun): Catholic Schools Week Opening Mass (full winter uniform) @ 9:00 AM St. Frances Cabrini and 9:30 AM Queen of the Universe, Open House @ 11:00-1:00 PM
- Jan 30 (Mon): CSW Celebrating Teachers (black shirts, black pants, Batman shirts), start bringing in CSW service project donations
- Jan 31 (Tue): CSW Celebrating our Nation (red, white, and blue, Captain America shirt, blue jeans)
- Feb 1 (Wed): CSW STREAM Day (sweatpants, sweatshirts, t-shirts, or any other workout attire)
- Feb 2 (Thu): CSW Student Appreciation Day (flashback to another decade and dress accordingly)
- Feb 3 (Fri): CSW Celebrating Vocations (full winter uniform), Closing of Catholic Schools Mass @ 9:30 AM, Early Dismissal (PK 11:00 AM, K-Gr. 8 11:30 AM, after school CARES available) - parent pick up needed for Bensalem and Neshaminy bus riders, last day to bring in CSW service project donations
- Feb 9 (Thu): Super Bowl Football Pool Fundraiser last day
- Feb 20 (Mon): No School, Professional Development Day
From the Enrollment Office
***** HOME & SCHOOL NEWS *****
H&S Upcoming Events
- Feb 7 (Tue): Home & School Meeting @ 7:00 PM, Parish Center PC6 (2nd Floor)
- Feb 10 (Fri): Valentine's Gift Card Bingo, doors open 6:30 PM and games start 7:00 PM. RSVP by Wed, Feb 8 to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the number of players attending
- Feb 22 (Wed): Salvatore's - dine in or take out, 4:00-9:00 PM, see flyer for details
For any questions regarding Home & School events, please reach out to the H&S Leadership Team or email@example.com
Spiritwear: New spiritwear inventory on hand and available for purchase! Please see attached order form and email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
***** PARISH NEWS *****
Queen of the Universe
Father John R. Weber, Pastor
Father Cesar J. Izzaguire, Parochial Vicar
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
Sunday Mass Schedule:
4:00 PM (Vigil Mass), 7:30 AM , 9:30 AM , 11:30 AM , 1:00 PM La Misa en Español
Weekday Daily Mass:
8:30 AM - Monday through Saturday
Holy Days: (subject to change)
5:00 PM (Vigil), 8:30 AM, Noon, & 7:00 PM
The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Thursday: 6:45 PM - 7:30 PM , Saturdays: 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM
The Sacrament of Baptism:
1st and 3rd Saturdays, at 11:00 AM
St. Frances Cabrini
Monsignor Magee, Weekend Assistant
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30 AM
- Saturday Vigil: 5:30 PM
- Sunday: 7:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM
- Holy Days: 6:30 AM, 12 Noon, 7:00 PM (except January 1st which follows a Sunday Mass schedule)
The Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday: 4:15-5:15 PM or by appointment
Daily Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Saint Joseph Chapel
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 AM–8:00 PM
Sunday: 12:30 PM–8:00 PM
Included is this week's winnings. The jackpot prize for the next drawing is $12,000!
Annual Winter Luau Dinner and Dance
February 4 (Sat) from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Doors open at 6:45 PM
Tickets on sale now $30/person at the Rectory or via: https://form.jotform.com/230085450675153
***** OTHER NEWS *****
Fab Lab Center Summer Camp Registration Now Open!
9 Different Weeks of Exciting, Interactive Camps!
Every Week is a Different Theme - Register for 1, 2, 5, or all of them!
Fab Lab Center Summer Camp will engage kids in interactive, challenging, FABulous activities designed to bring tons of smiles. Using games, exhibitions, and competitions, children will use their creativity and curiosity to imagine, explore, design, and create! Each day includes theme-scheduled projects, open/free Fab Lab time, movement breaks, snack times, lunch, and FUN!
- Who Should Attend: Children entering grades 1 through 7 in the Fall of 2023
- Dates and Times: Camps begin June 19 and run through August 25 (no camp the week of July 4th).
- Days/ Hours: Camp is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm [Full Day camp options offer 3 or 5 days a week. Mornings only (8:00 am-12:00 pm) option offers 5 days a week]
- Before/After Care: Fab Lab Explorers is available as an add-on through the camp registration process and provided from 7:00-8:00 am and/or 4:00-5:30 pm.
- Location: Fab Lab Center, One lvybrook Blvd., Suite 150, Warminster PA 18974
Click Here for ALL the Summer Camp Options, Details, Costs and REGISTRATION
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL - $50 Off All Registrations
Register on or before March 5, 2023
(discount is automatically applied at check-out!)