Vol. 8, Issue 29; April 23, 2021
Upcoming School Schedule
May 4th - Math State Test (Grades 6-8)
May 28-31st - Memorial Day holiday (no school)
June 11th - Last day of school for High School Students
June 17-24th- Regents and Final Exams
June 17th- 8th Grade Celebration
June 18th- Last day of school for Middle School Students
June 25th - Graduation
Middle School is on the Move!
Spring sports are:
- Baseball (Modified and Varsity)
- Softball (Modified and Varsity)
- Tennis - Varsity only (Boys and Girls)
- Lacrosse - SLP - (Boys and Girls) (The modified lacrosse teams are Saranac Lake teams that we can play on)
- Golf (Varsity level, but middle schoolers can practice and play)
- Track & Field (Modified and Varsity)
Please contact Mr. Burdick with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!
2020/2021 Yearbook Orders
Yearbook code 14030021
Yearbooks are high school only (grades 9-12). A middle school memory book for grades 6-8 will also be available, so watch for details on that later.
As a reminder, everyone aged 16 and up is now eligible to be vaccinated in New York. To schedule an appointment, go to https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/.
Backpack Program- FREE Meals for the Weekends!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
You are always invited to the online meetings of the work group on diversity, equity and inclusion. The task is to present the Board of Education with a draft policy within calendar year 2021. We are having speakers and activities as well as diving into policy. Come join us! email@example.com or 518-946-7851.
- Saturday, May 1: Lake Placid Community Clean-Up Day - See below!
- Ecumenical Food Collection Days: See below for more information!
Don't forget, a parent/guardian can volunteer along with their student and earn double the hours toward the graduation requirement. Please see Mrs. Patti McConvey for more volunteer opportunities and don't forget to fill out and hand in those volunteer forms!
Village Clean-Up is Almost Here!
Spring has sprung and it's not just crocuses springing up from under the snow! It's time for us to come together again to make our town the shining example it is. We will be holding the event virtually with each group working independently and sharing their haul on social media. Please save May 1st (rain date May 8th) for Village Clean-Up Day!
Ecumenical Food Bank Information
Every second Saturday of each month, the Lake Placid Ecumenical Food Bank will hold a food drive with drop-off in the St. Agnes School/Church parking lot from 9am-12pm. All food donations are welcome.
Food is distributed every Friday at the garage behind St. Agnes Church from 9am-12pm and is open to anyone who is in need. Thank you for your donations and support!
Summer Job Opportunities
The Ausable Club Is Hiring!
Starbucks is hiring!
Board of Education Meeting Dates 2020-21
The LPCSD Board of Education meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the MHS Library Media Center. Board members attend in person or via zoom from their homes.
- Board meetings will continue to be streamed live. Executive Order 202.1 – Article 7 of the Public Officers Law allows for the school board to meet without permitting in public in-person access to meetings.
- Board agenda documents will become live on Saturday before the meeting and can be found at: https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/lpcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Anyone can submit comments for the Good of the Cause by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be read during the portion of the Good of the Cause.
- Board meetings are streamed live at: http://www.lpcsd.org/. Click on "live stream."
Upcoming meeting dates are as follows:
May 4, 2021 (Budget Hearing via zoom)
May 18, 2021 - Budget Vote
May 19, 2021 - Board Meeting to adopt the budget