SWES Gators Family News -Aug 20th
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
August Dates to Know
From the Principal
Good Afternoon SWES Gator Families:
Uniform Ready: This school year we are using the phrase Uniform Ready: That means children are in complete uniform with their shirts tucked in, jackets unzipped, correct uniform shirt color (hunter green or white polo), correct pants/shorts/skirt/dress color (khaki or navy blue) and if the child's pants/shorts has belt loops then your child must have a belt on. Help us ensure your child is uniform ready each morning.
Our first GBIS: Gators Behave in School celebration is September 28th. Remind your child about the importance of following the 2 R's each school day. Students need to earn between 85 - 116 Class Dojo behavior points to be able to attend our GBIS celebration.
Our Celebration will be: Make a Craft & Enjoy a Sno Cone
Children earn points in the following areas"
Be Ready to Learn
NWEA MAP testing continues this week. Please make sure your children are in school everyday, on time and for the entire day. Remind your child to do their absolute best on their Reading and Math MAP assessment.
No Sign Outs after 3:15 p.m.
Southwest Elementary continues to encourage parents to improve student attendance.
- As in past school years there are no student sign outs after 3:15 p.m.
- We need your child in school until 4:00 p.m. everyday.
- Children miss a lot of instruction when parents sign them out.
- We understand that doctors/dentist appointments or emergencies happen.
- Our attendance committee will meet with parents that are continually signing their children out of school, dropping off early and bringing children late.
- Children are not allowed to be dropped off without a parent before 8:45 a.m..
- Be a A+HERO for your child's attendance (Here Everyday Ready and On time + all day).
PreK-2 car rider lane at dismissal has been complete by 4:25 on average this past week. We continue to make improvements in our systems to get children home safely and in an organized manner. Thank you for your patience and support!
Have a fantastic week!
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
If you had free and reduced lunch last school year you MUST complete a form again each school year. We have a good amount of parents that had free & reduced lunch last year that still haven't completed an online or paper form. We have computers at school you can use to complete one. Stop in the office and we will help you.
Please continue to email me if you have completed the online application so we can check your families name off your child's classroom roster.
- All applications should be completed before September 13th.
- Remember on September 14th regular lunch prices will be charged to any child who hasn't completed and qualified for free & reduced lunch.