The Pirate Press
A Weekly Update for Acton Elementary Families
Acton Update - 8/26/22
We had an incredible second week of school! Routines and procedures are being solidified and each of our classrooms already feel like little family units! Relationship-building has been our primary focus these last couple of weeks and next week we will hit our learning stride! Remember that school starts promptly at 7:25. Please make every effort to have your student at school on time!
Today our fantastic specials team kicked off our Miler's Club! Students had a blast running their first laps for the 2022-23 school year! A special shoutout to our specials team, and to the GHS Cheerleaders and GHS Football Booster for making it a memorable experience!
Today was also our first HAT DAY of the school year! The proceeds from all hat days through the month of September will go towards our 5th Grade Field Trip to Camp Grady Spruce! This field trip is part of Acton Elementary's culture and is an incredible experience for our students! Today we raised $151, which is enough to send one of our students to camp!
Our parent meetings are coming up SOON! These meetings are an opportunity for you all to hear from AES administrators and your child's teachers! We know this time of year is busy for many of you - a screen recording of our school-wide presentation will be sent out after the meeting for anyone unable to attend.
5th Grade Parent Meeting/Camp Grady Spruce Info Meeting: Tuesday, September 6th @ 6:00
Kinder - 4th Grade Parents Meetings: Tuesday, September 12th @ 5:00 and 6:00
Our AES PTO Spirit Store is officially LIVE! We hope you all love the new designs that we have available. Order are open through Thursday, September 8th! Check out the online store HERE.
There are so many other FUN events coming up - be sure to take a look at the list of upcoming events below! This list changes as things are added/deleted from our schedule, so be sure to check it each week!
A few REMINDERS:
- During morning drop off, please do not let students out of the car until 7:10. AES staff is not on duty until then. This procedure is in place to keep our students safe! If you are utilizing the far left lane at morning drop-off, please pull as far over as you can. We've had issues with traffic flow because the middle lane has been blocked by parked cars. After 7:25, please only utilize the drive through loop.
- The updated GISD Covid Flowchart is attached below. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our nurse, Taylor Marcel at 817-408-4200.
- Be sure to connect with us on remind: text @aesupdates to 81010.
- Complete the free and reduced lunch form and return ASAP! Here is a link to the online application: www.myschoolapps.com/Application
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to my via email @ email@example.com or via phone @ 817-408-4200.
With love and gratitude,
Upcoming Dates - Semester at a Glance
- September 5th - Student/Staff Holiday
- September 6th - 5th Grade Camp Grady Spruce Meeting (6:00pm - 7:00pm)
- September 8th - Chick Fil A Spirit Night
- September 12th - September 16th - AES Book Fair
- Every Tuesday, September 13th - October 18th - Good News Club until 4:15PM
- September 13th - K-4th Grade Parent Meetings, 5:00 and 6:00
- September 13th - Grandparent's Day Lunch (during regular lunch times)
- September 20th - Back to School Bingo (5:30pm - 7:00pm)
- September 21st - Fall Picture Day
- September 23rd - Staff Day/Student Holiday (End of GP1)
- October 11th - October 13th - 5th Grade to Camp Grady Spruce
- October 14th - Staff Day/Student Holiday
- October 24th - October 28th - Red Ribbon Week
- October 25th - November 3rd - Boosterthon
- October 28th - Staff Day/Student Holiday
- October 31st - Character Costume Day
- November 4th - Staff Day/Student Holiday
- November 17th - Fall Picture Retakes
- November 21st - November 25th - Thanksgiving Break
- December 8th - 9th - Christmas School Store
- December 17th - January 9th - Winter Break
Stay in the know with remind
To sign up for AES Family Updates notifications, text @aesupdates to 81010