A Weekly Communication Tool for Rice Elementary Staff
- Ensuring ALL students are in attendance.
- Cultivating a climate that welcomes students and parents.
- Creating opportunities for students to use and increase critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Moving from Parent Involvement to Parent Engagement.
Staff Shout Outs
Week at a Glance: April 1st-5th
Team Lunch (duty covered by Specials)
3rd Grade PLC
Kinder Field Trip
7:00-Content Leader Meeting
4:30-3rd Grade STAAR Review Meeting
4th Grade PLC
3rd Grade Math BM#2
Kona Ice during lunches
1st/2nd Grade Math
4th Grade Math BM #2
Junior Achievement in Kinder & 1st
Malinda at Feeder Principal Meeting in am
4:30-4th Grade STAAR Review Meeting
K/1st/2nd Grade ELA
Baker's House @ Lunch
Poster Method Friday
Robotics Competetion @ MoCo Fair
Job Fair @ Grand Oaks High School
CHS Feeder Bond Information MEeting
Friday, March 29th, 6pm
3200 West Davis Street
Save the Date to Early Vote
Friday, April 19th, 8am
207 West Phillips Street
Reflections from Teacher's College
There were so many great things shared from the visitors we had. They also gave input for next steps. We have the structures in place our next steps will be:
- Libraries: continuing to grow them and also ensuring we have them organized by genre and text bands.
- Book Bags: learning more about how we can help students with the right number and types of books.
- Volume: Look at structures to continue to increase students volume by level.
- Strategy Groups: Continue to build our instructional tool kits to assist with strategy groups.
Staff Transfers for 2019-2020
Now is the time of year to begin completing your Inter & Intra District transfer if you would like for your child to attend Rice (or another CISD school) and you do not live within our zone. Deadline is May 1st!!!
- 4/3-3rd & K flip specials
- 4/4-4th & K flip specials
Please know that these people will be testing....their schedules may be adjusted to accommodate the testing schedule. (Artusy, Guerrero, Lindwall, Miller, Moore, Parks, Seal, Luna, Caldwell)
Room closures/testing locations- library, PLC room (at 8:30), 3rd grade team room, resource room, STEM lab, Rm 400, kinder team room.
The hallways are all on a level zero. Please avoid the 3rd and 4th grade halls if possible.
Thank you so much for your patience with these changes! You are all Resilient Raccoons!
Rice Parent Calendar
Please check your calendar and make sure you have the Rice Parent Calendar on it. Many events are placed on here and not the Rice Faculty in order not to double up things on your calendars. Ask your Content Leaders if you have any questions.
April Walk-through Focus: Anchor Charts
After our staff development, our classrooms have really been impacted by the use of Anchor charts. The focus for feedback for the month of April will be on Anchor Charts. We want to continue to make them interactive, allow for students (and teachers) to be a part of creating them, and also refer back to them as a reference for the learning.
CISD Insurance Changes
The district has decided to move from Aetna to United Healthcare. This shouldn't affect the Dr. list too much. only a few changes.
Salute To Education
- hors d'oeuvres will be served in the adjoining room before 5:00pm while live music performed by one of our high schools will be playing in the lobby
- Seating in the Harvest Hall will begin at 5:30pm
- tickets will be collected at the doors of Harvest Hall
- Ceremony will begin promptly at 6pm with Presentation of Colors
Things you need to know about the Salute to Education Ceremony:
- ticket sales begin April 1 to April 26 or until SOLD OUT - $10 per ticket
- tickets for the TOY, HOY, and Rising Star Honorees will be purchased by Conroe ISD (A Family member tickets will be purchased by the campus)
- tickets are required for ALL attending (including children)
- Checks to purchase tickets will be addressed to TSTA-CONROE and written in blue or black ink ONLY
- attire is casual formal (dressy church clothes)