What Ebola Is
The Ebola virus has caused a lot of worry but here is some information so you know what Ebola is and how to protect yourself.
What caused Ebola?
Ebola was caused by a virus it came from the Ebola River and bats also carry the virus.
How can I get Ebola ?
Ebola can be transmitted through direct contact with body fluids such as blood, saliva, etc.
What are symptoms of Ebola ?
- nausea and vomiting
- diarrhea ( may have blood )
- red eyes
- raised rash
- chest pain cough
- stomach pain
- severe weight loss
- bleeding from eyes, ears, and nose
Can Ebola be treated ?
There are no current treatments.
How can I prevent myself from getting Ebola ?
Always wash your hands frequently and avoid contact with somebody's body fluids.
- More than 1000 people have been infected with it
- Has been discovered for almost 40 years ( 1976 )
- Many people in Africa have been infected with Ebola because of bats eating their fruit
- Is one of the Earth's most painful deaths
“Math and history show us that decisive efforts to isolate those who are infected with Ebola and to follow up quickly with the potential contacts of the infected can help to get an outbreak under control. We’re lucky that we have such capacities in the United States; even with the Ebola case in Dallas, the epidemic should not get much of a foothold here.” - Gerardo Chowell-Puente
WHO-EMRO: Animated video on Ebola