LHS Weekly Update #26
February 12, 2021
No School Feb. 15-17
Monday, February 15, 2021
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
2:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Tuesday, February 16, 2021
8:00 am to 12:00 pm
1:00 pm to 3:15 pm
If you need assistance scheduling or would like to do an in person conference, call our front office. 456-7794 on Monday.
**Students should check their Google Classroom for any assignments teachers post to work on over the next five days.
School Climate Survey
Reminder to complete the School Climate Parent Survey.
We want to know what YOU think about your child’s school.
What grade would you give the school?
Do the staff at the school really care about your child?
Do you feel welcome at the school?
You are invited to participate in the annual School Climate Parent Survey! The survey is anonymous and results are used to understand and improve the educational climate of our schools.
Below is a link to the survey site:
Thank you in advance for your participation! The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete and is currently open through Friday, February 28.
Lathrop Picture Days
In person students will take pictures during their SSP classes. See schedule by SSP below.
Remote and eLearning students can schedule a time on Feb. 22 or 23 to stop by Lathrop and get their school picture taken. Plan to enter through Hering entrance (near spirit rock). We will be using the Hering stage for photos. If you are a remote/eLearning student, schedule a picture time here.
Order your portraits through this link:
Order Code: 50440TA
If you have symptoms, have travelled outside of Alaska in the past 14 days, or are a close contact of a Covid-positive person, you cannot come to school. Call the front office and follow protocol on the Daily Decision Tree.
Senior Section - Class of 2021
Seniors (Class of 2021)
Just a quick check-in with some upcoming deadlines!
*Everything in purple is a hyperlink, so please click the links for additional information.
- UAF's (University of Alaska Fairbanks) Scholarships are due Monday, February 15th, 2021. If you have been accepted to UAF, you are able to see more scholarships than a student who has not been accepted.
- UAF Application - The University of Alaska Fairbanks has an online application that costs $50. If you qualify for Free or Reduced lunch, please email me, Ms. Weaver, (email@example.com) about a NACAC waiver which can waive the application fee.
- ACT/SAT Deadlines and Registration - The next ACT deadline is this Friday, March 12th! The next SAT deadline is February 12th! Do you qualify for Free or Reduced lunch? Contact Ms. Weaver, via email, to see if you're eligible for a fee-waiver.
*Additional information can be found on the "What's up, Lathrop?" document
-- Seniors, to receive the Alaska Performance Scholarship, you must take either the ACT by April 17.
-- Seniors, to receive the Alaska Performance Scholarship, you must take either the SAT by May 8.
- Scholarships & Financial Aid Page (LHS Website) - I have updated Lathrop's Financial Aid/Scholarship page today (2/2/21) with updated scholarship applications. Please review this page.
- The Postsecondary Planning Presentation is an excellent, interactive resource for all students to explore options for their Life After Lathrop. This presentation includes information regarding: FAFSA, ACT/SAT Updates, Scholarships, UAF Information, Campus Life, NCAA Eligibility, Trade Union Information, Trade Coordinator Contacts, Military Opportunities, Recruiter Contacts, Resume Writing Tips, Interviewing Techniques, the AKCIS Program, Interest Surveys, Career Planning and many more resources provided. Check it out!
- Letters of Recommendation - Whatever you choose to do with your Life After Lathrop, we strongly encourage you to ask a teacher/staff member for a letter of recommendation before graduating Lathrop. Please give the teacher/staff member at least two weeks to draft the recommendation letter. You must fill out the Letter of Recommendation Form in its entirety and present the completed form to the recommender. This document will force a copy to Google Drive, so once you create the copy, please access the document within your drive, rather than re-writing the information each time. Once completed, share the document with the appropriate staff member(s). This can also be found at: bit.ly/recletterlhs
- The What's Up, Lathrop? document has the most current information from Lathrop's Counseling department. Please take a moment to review this Google Doc. *There is a senior-specific section, too.
- This document can also be found by sing the url: bit.ly/whatsuplathrop