St. Francis de Sales PSR
Opening Night Mass for ALL PSR students and families 6:30pm Monday, September 14th
1st - 8th graders
Dear PSR families,
- We will continue to use the Pflaum Gospel Weeklies. When you register below you will be asked if you want a physical copy or a digital copy.
- PSR Fees are $25.00 per child (reduced for this year). If, for any reason, you cannot afford this cost, please contact me. Your child's participation in this formation is the most important thing!
- The first Monday of each month families will attend the 6:30pm Mass together (sitting with your own family) and we will all stay in the church after Mass for a time of prayer and learning and we will conclude no later than 7:30pm. We will livestream this time for any families that are unable to join us in the church. We highly encourage attendance in the church if you are comfortable.
- The second Monday of the month the 8th grade students will gather in the church from 7-8pm for their PSR class. This will be the only "in person" class meeting for now.
- On all Mondays we ask that you put aside time to pray with your child and continue to work on their lessons provided by the teachers and the Gospel Weeklies.
Children's Liturgy of the Word
Separate communication will be sent to our 2nd grade students preparing for their First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion and our 8th grade students for their Confirmation.
Parents can mark these dates:
First Reconciliation: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 7:15pm
First Holy Communion Practice and Pictures: Saturday, April 24, 2021 from 8:45-10:30am
First Holy Communion: Saturday, May 1, 2021 @ 11am
Confirmation: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 @ 7pm
Registration and Fees
Please make checks payable to "St. Francis de Sales" with a note on the memo line for PSR
To submit your payment you can:
Mail to the parish at:
St. Francis de Sales Parish
4019 Manchester Rd
Akron, OH 44319
Put it in an envelope marked PSR
- drop it in the collection basket on Sunday
- place into the slot on the right of the rectory front door
- bring it on the first night and put in the basket near the Baptismal font
Together we pray....
May our feet journey together,
May our hands gather in unity,
May our hearts beat in unison,
May our souls be in harmony,
May our thoughts be as one,
May our ears listen to the silence together,
May our glances profoundly penetrate each other,
May our lips pray together to gain mercy from the Eternal Father.