Week of October 18th
Important Dates and Events
- Pictures will now be taken in the morning on Friday, October 22nd
Trunk or Treat!
- CMPG is hosting Trunk or Treat on Wednesday, October 27th, in the Cowles parking lot from 6:00-8:00 p.m. (see details below)
- For updates, check out the CMPG Facebook page
- All conferences will be held virtually
- Conferences will be conducted during a two-week window beginning October 25th through November 4th
- Check for communication from your child's teacher with more information
Fall Break for Students
- Begins Thursday, October 28th through Tuesday, November 2nd
- No school for students
- Students return on Wednesday, November 3rd
Ten Tips for Parents for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference
Parent-teacher conferences present an excellent opportunity to find out how your child is adjusting to the new school year and to get to know his/her/their teachers. Here are some general hints on how to have a successful conference:
- Ask your child if there is anything that he would like you to discuss with the teacher.
- Jot down everything that you want to talk about at the conference.
- Arrive promptly or a few minutes early.
- Begin with positive comments about the teacher or classroom.
- Avoid lengthy discussions of topics that are not related to the purpose of the conference.
- Be open-minded to suggestions from the teacher.
- Keep your emotions under control.
- Take notes about what has been discussed to share with your child.
- Express appreciation for the conference.
- Do not stay beyond your allotted time.
Ten Questions to Ask Your Child’s Teacher
- What are my child’s strengths and areas that need work?
- What are some specific examples of these strengths and weaknesses?
- Is my child participating in classroom activities?
- Does my child challenge himself/herself/themself?
- How does/do he/she/they behave at large group time?
- How are my child’s social skills?
- Does my child seem happy at school?
- Have you noticed any unusual behaviors?
- Do you think my child is reaching his/her/their potential?
- What can I do at home to help support his/her/their academic progress?
Trunk or Treat!
When: October 27, 2021
Time: 6pm - 8pm
Staff members, parents, and community members will set up decorated car trunks and will pass out treats in the Cowles parking lot from 6-8 p.m.
How can you participate?
Your child(ren) can wear costumes and go from trunk to trunk to trick or treat. Don't forget to bring something to carry all the treats!
Volunteer to decorate your trunk! Grab a buddy and share the fun together or take turns handing out candy and walking with your child(ren)!
Donate candy to others who decorate their trunks. Cash donations to CMPG will be used to purchase additional candy.
If you wish to decorate your car trunk and hand out treats, park in the Cowles parking lot by 5:30 p.m. to be ready for Trunk or Treaters by 6:00 p.m.
Trunk or Treat will be an outdoor-only event this year. Consistent with the DMPS mask mandate, "face masks are not required but are encouraged at events held outside."