SUPER Weekly Agenda
May 9-13, 2016
- Balanced Literacy
- Movement with Purpose
Monthly Focus Areas
- E-mail will be sent with activities
Cultural Competency: Penny Fair Preparation and Research
House of Values: Safety - please review safety expectations at recess
Respect - review voice levels in the cafeteria (lunch duty). Remind students of the voice level they would use if out to eat with family.
- DIBELS: Continue progress monitoring at least bi-weekly for red and yellow until EOY testing
ISTEP Data Targets: ELA 60%, Math 54%
IREAD Pass Rate 2016: 77% (Met District Goal)
IREAD Data Target for June: 84% (Stretch Goal)
NWEA: How is your team using Skills Navigator to PM skills?
SRI: Go over EOY targets with students
- Achieve 3000/Lexia: Are your students meeting their minutes?
- Congratulations to Mrs. Juack who is pregnant with twins!!
- Thank you Mrs. Crandall for helping to make staff appreciation such a huge success!! You are absolutely amazing!!
- Great job Mrs. Sellers and Ms. Sitzman on providing an intro to Guided Reading at staff meeting!
- Congratulations to Mrs. Patton who is doing such a great job with her 3 students!!
- Happy birthday next week to Mrs. Cunningham and Ms. Herdman!!
- Please remember that every instructional moment is very important. We want to see great progress in the end of year assessments!
- Please check to make sure students are on track to meet usage goals for Lexia and Achieve!
- All EOY dates are on the calendar. Please begin communicating those dates with parents. Also, please communicate expectations for students participating in EOY activities. Make sure if there is a possibility of student losing a privilege that it is well communicated. We cannot be in the practice of taking away activities at the last minute. Let's be proactive.
- Please remember that room doors are to be shut and locked anytime you are out of your room. This is an important security and safety precaution.
Guided Reading Assessments
Primary Assessments - Information Provided
- Letter ID (K-1) - Known letters and visual discrimination
- Sight word list (K-2) - Known words and visual memory
- Dictated sentence (K-1) - Sound/letter knowledge, phonemic awareness, and letter formation
- Writing sample (K-2) - Oral language, vocabulary, visual memory, phonemic awareness, concepts of print
- Running record (K-2) Oral retell - Reading level and strategies, Recall
While searching the guided reading website there was a great resource that breaks down the skills we should assess within each reading level. Clink on this link to access this great resource!
May is: National Physical Fitness and Sport Month, National Bike Month, National Salad Month
Morning Movement: Good Morning
Monthly Fit Focus: Promote National Physical Fitness and Sport Month
Activity Challenge: Play a game of sports charades with your class. Take turns guessing and acting out your favorite sports.
5 Star Family Challenge: