The Gayman Gazette
"Every time we act, we send ripples into the world."
April 24, 2015
- April 27th & 28th - PSSA - Science - 4th Grade Only
- April 29th - 4th Grade to Peace Valley Nature Center
- May 5th - Gayman Art Show @ 6:00 PM
- May 6th - Young Author Day for Grades K-3
- May 7th - 6th Grade to Philadelphia Art Museum
- May 7th - HSA General Membership Meeting @ 7:00 PM
- May 8th - Teacher Appreciation Lunch
- May 12th - Spotlight On Music; Grade 1 @ 6:00 PM and Grade 4 @ 7:00 PM
- May 18th - 22nd - HSA Clothing Drive
- May 21st - 5th Grade to the Constitution Center
- May 21st - 4th Grade PEN to Bridge Valley
- May 24th - 6th Grade Club Picnic with Groveland & Pine Run @ 6:30 PM
- May 25th - No School - Memorial Day
- May 26th - Adopt-A-Road @ 1:30 PM - Student Council
- May 27th - 6th Grade to Tohickon @ 9:00 AM
- May 27th - Staff Pillo Polo Game versus Cold Spring Elementary @ C.B. East @ 4:30 PM
- May 28th - 3rd Grade PEN to Doylestown
- May 28th - Spring Book Fair from 3:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- May 30th - Ripple Round-Up Spring Fair from 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Logo Contest for Red Ribbon Week
Do you like to draw and be creative? This logo contest is for you! We are looking for a creative drawing and logo for our drug prevention week for next school year. The winning entry will be featured on a banner that will be displayed every year during Red Ribbon Week.
Entries must be received by May 1st. For details click here.
Gayman Grounds Spring Clean Up Open House
Come out and help get Gayman spruced up for spring! The Committee will be focusing on cleaning up the butterfly garden and mulching. No experience necessary and all are welcome!
When: Saturday, May 2nd
Time: 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Rain or Shine!
To sign up please click on the link below:
If you have any questions please contact Alicia Mangiacapre at email@example.com.
"Taking Pride In Keeping Gayman Grounds A Great Place To Grow"
3rd Grade Class Wins March Gayman Gala
Final Home & School Meeting
Please come to the final Home & School meeting:
When: Thursday, May 7th
Time: 7:00 PM
Place: Gayman library
Show your support and vote for the following nominations for the 2015-2016 GHSA Board:
Kristin Olanday - President
Griselle Gabriel - 1st Vice President
Amy King - 2nd Vice President
Michelle McNeil - Treasurer
Sue Bauer - Assistant Treasurer
Christina Chitjian - Secretary
Transportation Appreciation Day
On Thursday, April 30th Gayman Elementary and the Forty Assets Committee will celebrate Transportation Appreciation Day. We are asking each child to honor his/her bus driver, van driver or crossing guard in some way - make a card, draw a picture or simply say "Thank you" - these items can be given directly to the drivers on April 30th.
In addition we would like to present the drivers and crossing guard with a plate of goodies. If you would like to contribute some treats please sign-up below:
For complete details on how to honor these very important people in our children's lives please click here.
Gayman Library Updates
A special thank you to the Catalano, Nahoom, Hopkins, and Bauer families for dedicating books to the library during the 3rd marking period. All dedications were celebrated during our Spirit Day. We are so excited to add the new books to our collection!
We are Dadey-Tastic!
First, 2nd, and 3rd grade are DADEY-TASTIC. We are busy reading a graph of the Debbie Dadey books students in first, second, and third grade have read—and students have almost reached the 400 mark! WOW! What a lot of wonderful reading!
Next week, students will be classifying the questions they want to ask Debbie Dadey as “thick” (A question that requires a long answer) or “thin” (a question that requires a short, one-or-two word answer).
Escape from the Island of Dr. Libris
The books have arrived! All books were distributed to students on Friday. Book club schedules were placed in each students books—any students who ordered a book are welcome to join! The book club schedule will also be posted on the library website!
Hannah Thomas, Librarian
The Home & School Ripple Round-Up is right around the corner! From now until May 1st you can pre-order your carnival wristbands for $15.00 a piece - a $5 dollar savings per band!!
For complete details on how to pre-order your wristbands click here.
Donations Needed For Ripple Round-Up
Central Bucks Art Scholarship Fund
The Art Department is selling t-shirts and advertising spots in the District Art Show brochure to support the Central Bucks Art Scholarship Fund. Every year the Art Department donates three scholarships to graduating seniors from East, West and South.
Thank you for support the ARTS in Central Bucks!!
Art Show Helpers Needed
Are you looking for a way to support the Art Program at Gayman? Mrs. Alderfer is looking for a few fabulous parents to assist in the hanging and display of student work for the upcoming Gayman Art Show! Set up will be taking place on Friday, May 1st and again on Monday, May 4th at 3:30 in the afternoon. If you are able to help, please contact Mrs. Alderfer at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate with her. Thank you!
Take Me Out To The Ball Game
Please join the Family Fun Night Committee on Saturday, June 6th to see the Trenton Thunder take on the Harrisburg Senators!
Where: Mercer County Waterfront Park
When: Saturday, June 6th
Time: 7:00 PM (gates open at 6:00 PM)
Cost: $8/ticket; parking is $3.00 per car
For complete details click here.
CB Cares is offering two awards in May:
- The Mother's Day Essay Contest will allow students in Central Bucks the opportunity to put into words why they believe they have the greatest Mom of all. The lucky mother of each winning author will receive a pair of tickets to the Celebrity Chef & Waiter Gala. For complete details click here.
- The CB Cares Positive Coaching Award will be given to one coach annually who represents the objectives of the CB Cares Positive Coaching Award (positive coaching, positive role model, etc). The recipient will receive $500 and a plaque to be presented in May. For complete details click here.