Help Save Earth By Katie Boyle
Ways to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
- Reuse plastic water bottles
- Recycle your paper
- Use a plastic container instead of paper bag
- Reuse paper bags
Earth Day History
Earth Day was first celebrated 1970, to help save the earth. There were a lot of people who littered. He tried to think of a way to help save earth. Then he thought of a national day for the environment. Than everybody started celebrating earth day.
- Half of the food in the U.S. goes to waste, approximately 3,000 pounds per second.
- The U.S. produced 32 million tons of plastic in 2012.
- It takes about 1 million years for a glass bottle to break down in a landfill.
Earth Day (HQ)