Parent Memo 10.17.22
St. Helena Primary School
Thank you parents and family members for attending Parent/Teacher conferences last week. It was so lovely to see you all on campus. Please remember to reach out to us if you have concerns about your child. This month is a busy time here at SHPS. We are so excited to be able to take field trips, and have in-person family events, as well as assemblies!
Upcoming Important Dates
- TKK Walking Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch 8:45
- Special Education Parent Support Group, 5:30pm, Rm. 2
- Starting the Conversation: How to be Inclusive in Parenting, Presentation for Parents on how to raise inclusive children (Disability Awareness), 6pm
- SHPS Common Ground Student Assembly 9:00
- Halloween Parade, parents are welcome to attend! 8:30am (on the blacktop)
- Walking Field trip to SHHS for parade, 8:45-9:15am
- Día de los Muertos snack, 10am (conchas and hot chocolate)
- Air Force Rock Music Assembly at SHPS 11:50
- First and Second Grade Field Trip to NVC for Beauty & the Beast 8:30
- All school field trip to SHES for Music Concert
Friday, 11/18: Parent/Principal Coffee Chat @ the Elementary School, 8:40am
Halloween at SHPS
Parents, thank you in advance for helping us make sure that Halloween is a fun, exciting day for students. We ask you to help us with the following guidelines:
- Please, no fake weapons
- Please, no blood or gore
- Please no masks that make it unsafe to see when walking (if your child can safely wear a mask, that's fine)
Day of the Dead at SHPS
Thanks to our Spanish teacher, Maestra Rubio, our students will be participating in creating items for our Day of the Dead display. She will be sending a letter to parents this week.
They are welcome to bring pictures of a loved one who has passed, including pets! If you want your picture back, please make sure you write their name & teacher's name on the back of the photo. A copy of a picture is fine as well! Please have your child bring in their pictures before 10/28. You are welcome to bring them to the office as well. We invite you all to come and look at our display in the cafeteria during the week of 10/31-11/5.
Save the Date!
Please join us at the St. Helena Public Library for a special SHPS Family Reading Night on Wednesday, November 14th at 6pm. Students can come in their pajamas, we'll have read-alouds in Spanish and English, snacks, and crafts. - NOTE THE NEW DATE FROM NOV. 9TH TO NOV. 14TH! Thank you.
Directions to the Library!
Upcoming Holidays & Breaks
11.21-11.25: No School, Thanksgiving Break
Friday, 12.16: Minimum Day dismissal, 12:15pm
12.19-1.6.23: No School, Winter Break
1.16.23: No School, Dr. Martin Luther King's Birthday