The Week Ahead Memo
State Road Elementary School
Monday, April 20, 2015
Events This Week!
The Extra Recess for Tiger Ticket Winners is this Friday, April 24 at 10:30am! This is for those students who selected and turned in an Extra Recess Certificate (see list of names in your Outlook Calendar). IF a student is hanging on to their certificate, they just need to bring it out to me on the playground.
on Monday afternoon for Ad Council
Grade Fixes for the Year!
As a reminder, our “Grade Fixes” that we agreed to pilot for this school year are:
▫ Fix 1: Don’t include student behaviors in grades; include only achievement
▫ Fix 5: Don’t consider attendance in grade determination; report absences separately
▫ Fix 6: Don’t include group scores in grades; use only individual achievement evidence
"Grading" SI Action Team Requests:
- As a staff, we are going to focus on one fix per month
- For this month, please read Fix #6: Don’t include group scores in grades; use only individual achievement evidence. Please read pp. 52-56 and provide your feedback to either Gabe or Callie. It is actually very easy reading and we do value your comments as we used them to lead our discussion.
We will compile and share this feedback at our January team meeting and with the rest of the staff.
Observation / Evaluation Process Update
Round 3 of Observations have started! Our 'Noticings’ and ‘Wonderings’ sections will focus on the Dimension of (A) Assessment for Student Learning.
- Observations - We will again conduct a minimum of 3 observations for the year (district continuity).
- Observations Time - These will be 15-30 min of lesson scripting and another 15 minutes of coding.
- I should be able to access or view your daily lesson plans with assigned standards.
- A difference from last year is that all observations will be unannounced (law compliance and district continuity).
- We will have a Dimension focus during observations (up to two dimensions). The dimension focus areas will be the areas that Noticing’s, Wonderings, and Analysis will be derived.
Culture of Learning
Quote of the week...
What's Happening Next Week?
- Our next Leo's Coney Island Family Night is Thursday, April 30 from 5-8pm. Our Hosts will be First Grade!
- The last day to submit PTO receipts for reimbursement is Friday, May 1.
DOWN THE ROAD...
- Staff Appreciation Week is May 4-8!!!
- The Annual District Art Show is Thursday, May 7 from 6-8pm at AGS Middle School!