Sunday 28th February 2021
Term 1 Week 5
Last night the Prime Minister advised that from 6 am this morning, Auckland moved to Alert Level 3 Covid-19 restrictions and the rest of the country moved to Alert Level 2 Covid-19 restrictions. We again ask for your support in carrying out our Alert Level 2 Safety Plan.
I would like to reassure you that we have a number of measures in place to reduce the risk of Covid-19. Please see a detailed list of our requirements and measures below. Please note that as of 6 am this morning the school site is unavailable to the community, which includes the school pool. The criteria at Level 2 requires us to keep the school open to our students, but to restrict the people visiting our site to essential visitors only.
Drop off/Pick up
- Please drop off/pick up your child at the school gates
- Remember we have three gates that your child can use; front gate, bus gate, and hall gate
- Staff will be located near all three gates at the end of the day to ensure traffic safety
- Most of our Room 6 students can now walk into school by themselves, but if your child still needs to be walked in by a parent/caregiver, please remember to write your name down in the log book in the Room 6 cloak bay
- If your child becomes anxious and you need to walk them into school, please sign in at the school office. This does not apply to the parents of children in Room 6 as you will have written your name down in the Room 6 log book.
- The school bus will be operating as normal
- The seats in close proximity to the driver will be unavailable
- Please follow any guidelines the bus driver sets
- Hand hygiene is incredibly important
- We require the students to sanitise their hands on arrival and before leaving, as well as before and after breaks
- Surfaces will be disinfected daily
- Students to cough/sneeze into their elbow
- Students need to bring their own filled water bottle daily; drinking fountains closed
- Respect the ‘moist breathing bubble’ of others - teachers will go over this on Monday
- We will keep the swimming pool open to our students during school hours
- It will be closed to the community
Information for Parents/Caregivers
- The school site is for essential visitors only
- Essential visitors will sign in and out at our school office
- Please utilise the ‘drop off’ car parks if available
- If your child is sick, please keep them at home
- If your child is sick, please contact your GP or phone Healthline 0800 611 116
- If your child arrives at school sick, they will be isolated in the sick bay and their parents/caregivers will be contacted to pick them up immediately
- All essential information will be emailed to caregivers, with an APP Alert, please ensure you have downloaded the school app
If you have any questions, please ask. Your first point of contact is your child’s classroom teacher, please find their email addresses at https://www.matapu.school.nz/about/staff. I know the information and requirements stated above seem like a lot, but please keep in mind we only have the well-being of your child/ren, their peers, and staff at heart. We really appreciated your support during Alert Level 2 last time and know that we can count on it again this time. Our message is one of be alert, not alarmed, and together we can keep our community safe.
Ngå mihi nui