September 30, 2016
Thought of the Week. . .
― Bertrand Russell
This Week's Scoop
- Ask Caroline and Kim about the "wild kingdom" experience this week in the 400 hallway.
- We can leave the front doors unlocked on days you have conferences after school so parents can get back to you. Just let us know which days we need to leave them open.
- When I receive a personal day request form, when I approve it, I give it to Alix to file. If you do not hear from me, that means it's approved. If I have a concern, I'll contact you. If you do not hear from me, go ahead and confirm your sub.
- MDE is getting a robotics club!! We were selected as a pilot school to start this program. Amy Kirn, Anne Smalling, and Stephanie Briles are leading it.
- I'm hoping you enjoyed your half day planning time with subs provided by the PTA funds. One way to show your appreciation for this gift of time is to join the PTA.
- Remember the Safe Schools training deadline is coming up quickly!
- Thank you, everyone who offered to be on the Placement Review committee. This year's committee is Amy Kirn, Callie Fuqua, Rachel Bett, Caroline Shanahan, and
Thanks for a job well done. Feel free to leave at 3:15, and have a great weekend!
Our Four Be's
- Be Professional & Positive
- Be Flexible & Open to Ideas with Emphathy (without judgment or when people do not agree)
- Be Committed to Supporting Each Other & Building Camaraderie (through clear and frequent communication)
- Be Confidential and Trustworthy
Some photo highlights from this week. . . .
PREVIEW OF COMING ATTRACTIONS. . . .
Remember--Every Thursday is a team lunch day!
October 3: CIT Meeting
October 3: Ann Shepherd's birthday
October 10: Holiday
October 11-14: Success Week (AKA college and career week)
October 12: PK Mother Goose performance
October 12: PTA General Meeting
October 13: PTA teacher luncheon
October 18: PICTURE DAY
October 19: MDE technology inventory--more details coming
October 20: 1/2 day for parent-teacher conferences
October 21: 1/2 day for parent-teacher conferences
October 24-28: Red Ribbon Week
October 26: Rachel Bailon's birthday
October 28: Fall Festival