August 27, 2017
BJH Athletic Gear Online Store - CLOSES Monday 8/28
Dress Code Concerns
These first 7 days of school we have been diligent in trying to address concerns regarding student dress code in order to get everyone off on the right foot. There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eye brows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Upcoming This Week:
- 7th/8th Athletics Online Store Closes
Tuesday, August 29th
- Lady Eagles Volleyball vs. Abilene Wylie at BHS 9, JV, V 4:30, 4:30, 5:30
- BJH Band Instrument Drive 6:00 p.m. at BJH Band Hall
Wednesday, August 30th
- Parent Portal Gradebook opens
Thursday, August 31st
- BJH Lady Eagles Volleyball Opening Season Game at Millsap 7B,8B,7A,8A 4:00
- Eagles Football vs Stamford at Breckenridge F, JV 5:00, 6:30
Friday, September 1st
- HS Cross Country meet - Elk Run XVII - Burleson 9:00 a.m.
- Lady Eagles Volleyball at Burleson Centennial V, JV, 9 - TBA
- Eagles Football vs Stamford at Stamford 7:30
Monday, September 4th
- Labor Day - School Holiday
Robotics sign up is underway through Sept. 2. We will have teams for both Lego Robotics (Grades 5 & 6) and BEST Robotics (grades 7 & 8). GT students need to let Ms. Jerrett know if they will participate. Robotics teams will be open to any BJH student depending on available space on teams. Please email Stacy Jerrett for questions. email@example.com
6th Grade Running Club
Running club is every Tuesday for any 6th-grade student that wants to participate. Pick-up will be at the front of the building. The running club season will continue through the Coyote Chase race held at Weatherford College (date for the race is still TBA).
Questions please contact Mr. Atchley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
Required UIL Student Athlete Paperwork grades 7 - 12
Brock ISD student athletes' parents will need to fill out UIL paperwork online for the 2017-2018 school year at the following website: www.rankonesport.com
You will need to go to "for parents", then to "fill out electronic forms", then choose Texas, then choose Brock. You will need to complete login information then you will be able to complete all UIL paperwork online.
Click here for a shortcut to the online forms.
Student athletes will continue to turn in the physical paperwork to Brock ISD Trainer Sam Burton.
NHS Tutoring - Starts September 20th
- Friday, September 22nd - Homecoming
- Friday, October 13th - The Ranch
BJH will host the following Pep Rallies at BJH at 2:50 p.m.:
- Thursday, September 14th
- Thursday, November 2nd
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Garden is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Garden but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ email@example.com