Between the Lions
The Wright Junior High Weekly Newsletter
WELCOME TO WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH!
Our Wright JH Admin Team
Sherryl Anthony - Assistant Principal - Alpha A-L email@example.com 832-223-6010
Shane Ameen- Assistant Principal - Alpha M-Z firstname.lastname@example.org 832-223-6012
Tiffany Hoelzel - Assistant Principal - 6th Grade email@example.com 832-223-6009
WEEK OF NOVEMBER 29th - December 3rd
WHAT TO EXPECT THIS WEEK
- Front doors will open at 7:30am. First bell rings at 8:15am. when students arrive on campus, they will go to the Gym, until they are released to class.
- Students who arrive after the 8:15am bell, will receive a Tardy. Unless they have arrived to school on a late bus.
- Final Exam Exemption Procedures
- Fall Final Exam Bell Schedule
- Order your 2021-2022 Wright JH Yearbook
- Mental Health Awareness - December 9th
- WJH Winter Wonderland Ball - December 10th
- Final Exam Exemption Policy
- Randle Royals Wreath Sale
- Student Discipline
- Campus Destruction and Consequences
- TIK TOK Challenge - please talk with your student.
- REMINDER: We are a cell phone free campus. Please leave devices at home or powered off in student backpacks.
- TARDIES have started, please talk with your student about getting to class on time.
FINAL EXAM EXEMPTIONS - DISTRICT POLICY!
LCISD allows all 7th and 8th graders who meet the district policy requirements to exempt final exams in December and in May.
7th Graders can exempt 2 class finals
8th Graders can exempt 3 class finals
Fall Final Exams - 7th-8th Graders Only! 6th Grade will be on a normal schedule!
Forms are ONLY available via the Student's Skyward Account!!!
Parent's login can NOT view the exemption form.
Forms are due in Skyward, by Tuesday, December 7th.
Final Exams begin on Tuesday, December 14th (see schedule below)
7th Grade is allowed 2 Exemptions, 8th Grade is allows 3 Exemptions.
6th Grade do NOT take final exams, classes will run like a normal day for them.
Wright JH Lion Gear
Fall GEAR IS ON ITS WAY!!! Check periodically! Hoodies, long sleeves, so much more!!
WJH Winter Wonderland Ball - December 10th
SAVE THE DATE!!!
ROYALS Holiday Wreaths
The Royal Pride Booster Club, which services our Randle Royals Dance Team, is selling wreaths this holiday season! You can choose between various sizes, holiday wreaths or your very own Wright or Randle Lions Wreath. If you would like to purchase a mum please use the attached order form or contact TaShane O’Haver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STUDENT DISCIPLINE/CONFLICT RESOLUTION
We need your help and support. We are experiencing incidents on campus in which students are trying to resolve their conflicts by using physical means to handle things. WJH does NOT condone students solving any issues by fighting or engaging in physical confrontation. We need you to talk with your children and help work through any issues they are experiencing and how to handle it on campus.
LCISD policy states that any student engaged in mutual combat, regardless of who throws the first punch, results in a MUTUAL fight. Therefore, both students will receive campus consequences of 3 days of Out of School Suspension. If a student engages in a 2nd incident for fighting or physical confrontation, they will receive a 45 day ALC placement.
We need your help to make sure that incidents like these don't happen on our campus and that they understand the results of their actions. It takes all of us, working together, to ensure that EVERYONE gets the best experience at Wright Junior High.
If your student needs additional support, they can visit with their Counselor or Assistant Principal.
ACCESSING PROGRESS REPORTS AND REPORT CARDS
Accessing Student Portfolios for Progress Reports and Report Cards - Click Below!
Does your student need tutorials?
For more questions about tutorials, please email your student's teacher directly.
Procedures, Remote Conferencing and Notifications!
*They will have FULL access to their Teacher's Canvas pages and a zoom link to access the designated "REMOTE CONFERENCING TEACHER- Sarah Vo - to help assist them during this temporary period.
THREE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE EMAILED IMMEDIATELY:
- WJH Nurse - Jessica Barber-Gonzalez email@example.com
- WJH Attendance - Ceciley Ortiz firstname.lastname@example.org
- WJH Principal - Creighton Jaster email@example.com
In the email please include:
- Student Name
- Grade Level
- Student ID
- Date of Confirmed POSITIVE
ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE STEPS ABOVE MR. JASTER WILL BE EMAILING YOU AND YOUR STUDENT WITHIN 24 BUSINESS HOURS WITH HOW YOU WILL BE SUPPORTED THROUGH THIS TEMPORARY PERIOD. During remote conferencing if you need assistance, our SILVER TRACK Remote teacher will assist you.
Here is her contact info, in case you have further questions.
Sarah Vo firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Notification Emails:
WJH will continue to follow LCISD COVID Protocols by pushing out the email notifications that you are currently receiving when a positive and/or close contact case is reported by a parent. Please understand that we cannot reveal a student's identity, nor specific class, due to confidentiality. We are not contract tracing this year, so there is no quarantining. I will say, that many of these cases we are reporting are from parents doing their due diligence of reporting when their student was exposed or tested positive outside of the school. Many of these students did not even report back to campus. We appreciate these parents helping us stay as safe as possible at school. Please note, that if your child shares multiple classes with a certain student, you may receive MULITIPLE emails.
Need a school locker???
Smart Tags on the WAY!!!
Addressing concerns at Wright Junior High - Start by contacting your child's teacher directly!!
For 6th Grade concerns: please email or call Tiffany Hoelzel at email@example.com or call at 832-223-6009
For 7th/8th Grade concerns Alpha A-L: please email or call Sherryl Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 832-223-6010
For 7th/8th Grade concerns Alpha M-Z: please email or call Shane Ameen at email@example.com or call at 832-223-6012
If your student needs help, find one of the following staff members:
6) Other staff member
- School Hours: 8:15am to 3:40pm.
- For those who require early arrival, the building opens at 7:30am.
- You may enter via the main front door and proceed to the cafeteria or gyms
- Transportation: If your student will be using district transportation, please visit the LCISD Find My Bus page to get detailed route information. https://www.lcisd.org/students-parents/find-my-bus-school
- Lunches from Home: For those students bringing a lunch from home, please be aware that, per district sanitation guidelines, microwaves will not be available for student use.
- Lunch Deliveries: Wright does not accept 3rd party lunch delivers for students. No DoorDash, UberEats. GrubHub or any other type of pizza or food delivery. Only family members can deliver lunch to their student. Lunches are left at the front office with the student's name and grade. Please do not deliver fountain drinks, bottled drinks only.
- Tardies: It is important that all students get to class as quickly as possible and are in class when the tardy bell rings. Students should listen for the warning bell and get to class promptly. All students must be in the room before the tardy bell rings.
PE UNIFORMS - BOYS PE & GIRLS PE
Wright JH Tutorial Schedule
Wright JH Bell Schedule
HOW TO CONNECT AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING AT WRIGHT
- Wright JH sends weekly newsletters in a Skylert blast (email listed in your Skyward account).
- Monitor our Facebook page for daily updates.
SKYLERT INFORMATION - RECEIVING EMAILS AND TEXT MESSAGES FROM WRIGHT
- Click on Skylert, on the left side of screen
- The phone number and email address (where the arrows are indicating) must be correct
- Each box that is circled must be checked.
- You may have up to 2 emails who receives emailed notices and newsletters from Wright
- Up to 4 numbers who receive texts and/or calls from Wright