Bertram Family Connection
May 4th, 2020
As we are entering the end of the year, it is time to celebrate! Teachers will be hosting virtual class parties on Friday, May 15th during our usual Google Meets times.
For our 5th grade and Kindergarten students we usually celebrate with a "graduation" or "crossing over" ceremony. Because those traditions will not be possible this year, we will be having a Time Capsule celebration. For our Kindergarten students, this will be done on May 15th during class party times (Google Meet schedule). For our 5th graders, we will have a special Live Streamed celebration at 5pm on May 15th. The time capsules will be sealed and kept at Bertram Elementary. For our 5th Grade students, we will open in when they return for their Senior Walk in 2027. For our Kinder students, we will open the time capsule at their 5th Grade graduation. If you have items you would like to suggest or contribute, please email your child's teacher. We do plan on including a thumb drive and are able to capture digital artifacts like videos and pictures. Teachers will also collect physical items of remembrance from the school building.
Every year the Bertram Yearbook is an important part of ending the year together. Unfortunately, our vendor who prints the book has been closed and will not be able to supply our book before the end of our school year. We will have them available for purchase in the fall.
If you need to return paper packets of student work, please use one of the ten drop boxes located around BCISD. Teachers we would like all completed work returned by May 14th to allow teachers to review it, grade, and provide feedback.
May 4th-8th is Teacher Appreciation Week! We have outstanding teachers at Bertram Elementary and want them to know how much se appreciate all they do for students. Below is a schedule with ideas for celebrating them virtually. In addition to the ideas below, our PTO has worked hard to partner with local businesses to provide teachers with extra treats. We consider all staff that work with our children to be teachers. Please don't forget to show your love to our amazing Instructional Partners as well!
Please mark your calendar for May 19th from 7:00am-9:30am or May 20th from 11:30am-7pm to come to Bertram to pick up child's belongings that are still at school. A detailed letter will be sent early next week but some things to know:
- Spring Pictures, Group Pictures, and Kinder Graduation Pictures will be returned to you
- Medication will be available for pick up
- Please bring all Library Books, classroom books (ARC or LLI), ARC bookbag, and technology that was lent to your family, PE sports at home bags, and anything else that belongs to the school or your child's teacher.
- Classroom supplies & belongings will be returned to you.
- Lost & Found will be on display for you to view and claim. All items left will be donated on May 21st.
Parents please complete this form to provide input to help meet the educational needs of your child as we create balanced classes for next year. The form will be available until May 8th, 2020.
Bertram Elementary School Building Closed through May 22nd. All events during the school day and after school have been cancelled through the end of the school year.
Week of May 4th: Last new choice boards & Teacher Appreciate Week
May 8th: Last Day to complete the All About My Child form
Week of May 11th: Last Week of Google Meets
May 14th: Progress Reports issued for all students
May 15th: Virtual Class Parties & Last day of Google Meets - Parties will occur on the regular Google Meet schedule. Each teacher has planned some fun activities for students.
May 15th: 5th Grade Time Capsule Ceremony on Google Meets
May 19th: Student Supply Pick Up & Material Return Option 1 - 7am to 9:30am
May 20th: Student Supply Pick Up & Material Return Option 2 - 11:30am-7pm
Click here to get a direct link to each group and instructions for how to join.
Expectations for School At Home
- Attend 2 Google Meets by internet or by phone (Email your teacher if you are unable to do this and she will help set up something that works for you)
- Complete the Paw Print square on the choice board this week will be used for assessment. If you are needing to make choices about what your child accomplishes for school, please prioritize the PAW PRINT square.
- For extra practice, complete one activity each day from each subject area on your choice boards
- New choice boards will be posted to the district website on Fridays.
- Reach out to your teacher for any questions you might have.
This document is full of resources for helping children and support for parents while at home. There are several activities that can assist with managing worry, anxiety, and mental health for both children and adults.
Helpful Websites & Technology Videos
Elementary Distance Dawgs - This is where choice boards are posted each week.
Video: How to Join a Google Meet
Workout with Coach Reid!
This Week's Fine Arts lesson with Mr. Roberts
Free Wifi Locations
The District has compiled the attached map to provide information about WiFi hotspots available for use by students in and around the District during the COVID-19 school closure. The hotspots listed are provided by a mix of BCISD, local businesses, a partnership between Marble Falls ISD and Llano ISD, and other local organizations.
Each number on the map represents a hotspot location and the matching entry in the legend includes the address and connection information if it is needed to connect.
We appreciate the businesses and organizations allowing our students to connect in a location closer to their home than our campuses. This service will allow students with limited or no internet connection to park in the mapped location and connect without leaving their vehicle, allowing them to maintain proper social distancing while taking advantage of the connection to complete their schoolwork.
- Student’s Report Card
- Attendance Record (physical or electronic)
- Birth Certificate (can be used for any child under 18 yrs. old)
- Student ID (Any District-provided ID card, including Athletic Passes, etc.)
- Car Rider Pro Tag
We will be updating this page as we get information from local agencies and charities.
Contact Us During the Closure
You can also email the campus leadership team at the email addresses below.
- Alicia Harris, Principal, email@example.com
- Angela Schreiber, Assistant Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Please call Ms. Schreiber if you need help connecting with your child's teacher, help with technology, or if you need help accessing community resources at 512-763-0382.
- Ann Marie Wyatt, counselor, at email@example.com.
We will strive to return email within 24 business hours.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access and view your child's 5th Six Weeks Report Cards.